Salt Water Knowledge

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
Just wondering if anyone knows of any really nice forums for salt water aquariums?? I would be new to it so need to do research. I thought MFK would have some but I cant seem to find too much on SaltWAter. Thanks

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
Yea I just found it LOL I posted this on general questions or whatever and got moved here to marine lol My bad my bad.

How about anyone knows some good books on salt water tanks? or and advice?

snow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2009
B.C.,Canada
Check out canreef.com, it's a good saltwater site and everybody there can help you with what you need to know. There is a lot of info on that site. It's mostly a canadian salt forum but the good info is still there. I'm on there to, snow1 is my username.

manlyfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2010
michigan
i have this exotic marine fish book...pretty old but it has alot of the species

Smok3o3

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Colorado
I'm new to salt water and want to start up a SW aquarium. So the info I'm looking for right now for one is what are the firsts things and most important things I need to know before starting up a sw tank. Also any tips, ideas, or advice for the first sw tank.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Our salt section isnt TOO big...but there are plenty of people that hand out good advice. That being said, I would still recommend reading.

I expected kevin to mention this, but a good place to read pretty much all you want for free (and ask questions) is wet web media ...do a google search for that. Its probably the best collection of fish knowledge on the internet.

That being said, I am a member on www.reefcentral.com and www.reef2reef.com reefcentral is HUGE...probably one of the biggest online fish communities. All of these are good places to start.

The books kevin posted are all good. (Based on the ones that I personally have) most of my books though have reef focus, so that might not be what you are looking for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store