how does your clownfish sleep?

metalhed3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 8, 2010
Minot ND
let me start off by saying that these guys gave me a real scare. the second night i had them in the tank, i looked into it about an hour after the lights shut off and what do i see? 2 clowns on their sides in the corner of the tank. i didnt know what was going on! so i quickly turned the lights on and as soon as i did they woke up. i read online soon after that that most clowns have the weirdest sleep habits. my buddies clown swims up to the edge of the filter and wedges himself up there to sleep to stay outa the current of the filter. ive also read of clowns floating on their side at the top of the tank riding the currents. pretty strange little guys. let me know what yours do.

monsterberry

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2010
uk
well i had a fish mouth ornament in there and the female allways slept on here side in there and the male would lie up against the ornament then the ornament got brock so now they sleep at the back hovering over my power head i wouldnt wory about it clowns are strange fish

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
My one of my clowsn sleeps near his host. The other one either hosts in a different coral close to his daytime host, or goes up in the corner and rides the current. They never really completely stop moving...at least that I have seen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store