Mixing triggers

LD50

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Austin TX
I currently have a blue jaw trigger, and despite him being a bit shy he has turned out to be an awsome fish. The tank will be a 240g (72Lx30Wx24H) FOWLR that will house a porcupine puffer, blue jaw trigger, Rock beauty or Emporer Angel, and a klunzinger or bannana wrasse. I was wondering if I were to add a clown trigger to the mix if there would be beef between the two triggers or if the clown trigger would be too much of a bruiser in general for those fish?

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Thats about the right size tank for a clown...but most people keep them by themselves. They are bullies, and some say they are best enjoyed as individual pets. Thats all I can say.

LD50

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Austin TX
FLESHY;4422556; said:
Thats about the right size tank for a clown...but most people keep them by themselves. They are bullies, and some say they are best enjoyed as individual pets. Thats all I can say.
yea....figured one might be a bit much.

Anyone have any suggestions for other tank mates for this set up? or do you think that is allready a good stock list for that size tank?

TheCanuck

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2009
DALLAS TEXAS
You could stick some more fish in there... why not a bottom dweller fish... A large toadfish, eel, or even a large goby. You have some room for a couple more fish...

A clown might bully your other fish, or he might fit in. You have a less aggressive stock though, so i don't know if i would risk the chance of that blue jaw getting his ass torn up.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Try something un-aggressive. Like a SUPER RARE VAMPIRE TRIGGER!!!!!

Or as the rest of us call it, a niger. :D

LD50

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2010
Austin TX
TheCanuck;4423172; said:
You could stick some more fish in there... why not a bottom dweller fish... A large toadfish, eel, or even a large goby. You have some room for a couple more fish...

A clown might bully your other fish, or he might fit in. You have a less aggressive stock though, so i don't know if i would risk the chance of that blue jaw getting his ass torn up.
Well I have a Maroon clown in the tank with the blue jaw atm and they get along quite well. They even share the same little den the maroon dug out. But the clown wont let the puffer near it without letting him know who's house it is. The Goby and toadfish options sound interesting, only thing is if they are too sedentary I fear my porcupine puffer may see them as a snack.

FLESHY;4423562; said:
Try something un-aggressive. Like a SUPER RARE VAMPIRE TRIGGER!!!!!

Or as the rest of us call it, a niger. :D
Is that what they call them at your LFS? Sounds almost like my LFS's HYPER SUPER ULTRA MEGA RIPPIN' PREMO LIVE ROCK!!! But yea I thought about the niger trigger.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
LD50;4424219; said:
Is that what they call them at your LFS? Sounds almost like my LFS's HYPER SUPER ULTRA MEGA RIPPIN' PREMO LIVE ROCK!!! But yea I thought about the niger trigger.
My LFS is petco...so yes, they probably would be that stupid. Had a lady tell me there that they didnt need to feed their flounder because it ate bacteria off the sand. I sat down in the corner and started to cry.

+1 to your LFS for being that kickass ha ha

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store