2 New Guinea Tiger

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Well my LFS has got ahold of another Irian Jaya and... I WANT IT!!!
The thing is though I already have one:( It will only be two 5" NGT and a L600 in a 120 gallon(72"x18").
I won't necessarily leave them together for the life of them unless by some small chance it works out... as soon as I have to take out territories and such due to growing size I'll decide wether to seperate.
I know Oddball had a tank full of NGT's and it worked, but I don't know for how long.
Whats the possibility of me having two together and it actually working?
Has anyone had it work, and what did you do to achieve it?

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
I had 2 for 1 year and 3 for about 9 months, in same tank. Lots of other tigers to spread aggression. No fighting to death, but did get a bit aggressive at times.
To be honest, it's the large IT s that I have that fight more cause more damage when
Fighting.

BlackShark11k

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
somewhere
NGT seem to be the most aggressive tiger... I'm sure it would work but I would throw in some other datnoids jsut two NGT sounds risky.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Ade;4422327; said:
I had 2 for 1 year and 3 for about 9 months, in same tank. Lots of other tigers to spread aggression. No fighting to death, but did get a bit aggressive at times.
To be honest, it's the large IT s that I have that fight more cause more damage when Fighting.
From my experiences with my different dats (NTT, AT, IT NGT) is that they seemed to only bicker between each of their own kind, rarely bickering with different dats. But when I had 3 larger sized dats(2 IT, 1 NTT) the IT's picked on the NTT.

BlackShark11k;4422328; said:
NGT seem to be the most aggressive tiger... I'm sure it would work but I would throw in some other datnoids jsut two NGT sounds risky.
Yeah... I guess I'm going against my 1 or 5 rule, but it's been 14 months since I have seen any in LFS's around here. Starting to regret getting rid of all my dats now:(

Jardini810

Feeder Fish
Aug 27, 2010
Michigan
I say don't get it:

1. New Guinea Tigers fight with each other till' the death, especially if there's two. Remember the 1 or 5 rule?
  2. New Guinea Tigers are the most aggressive of all datnoids, so they will fight all the time.
  3. You're gonna have to seperate your tank in half to have the two NGT together.
  4. I'm currently contemplating about getting it myselft:D.

Jardini810

Feeder Fish
Aug 27, 2010
Michigan
vaine111;4422488; said:
I'll race you there...
So you're going against every datnoid rule and putting two NGT together? Even if you do decide to sell one of the NGT, you would still be losing out since the datnoid market in MI is much less than in CA. Remember how hard of a time you had selling your previous datnoids? Not to mention NGT growth rate is really slow since IMO NGT rarely take pellets. Good luck though.

vaine111

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2009
Metro-Detroit
Jardini810;4422494; said:
So you're going against every datnoid rule and putting two NGT together? Even if you do decide to sell one of the NGT, you would still be losing out since the datnoid market in MI is much less than in CA. Remember how hard of a time you had selling your previous datnoids? Not to mention NGT growth rate is really slow since IMO NGT rarely take pellets. Good luck though.
Lol... I haven't made up my mind yet.
I made money off of my last datnoids, wasn't much but was a little profit.
If it don't work I can always bring it back or I might switch it out with the current one I have now seeing he isn't growing much if at all. I'd like to switch the diet to tilapia and pellets as opposed to the shrimp and pellets I am feeding now.
You been reading my posts? Sounds just like me..

Sickfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Tijuana Mexico
ive had 2 NGT together before but they were with some other datnoids like indos and thinbars... i really think it depends on the fish, because my NGT has no agression at all!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store