New to Saltwater

patrickd007

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
Hello! Im new to saltwater fish. Ive kept freshwater fish for 7 years, mostly africans, but I came along a cheap 29g BioCube with everything in it and i couldn't pass it up. It is stock everything with sand and rock and one false percula clownfish.

What do you think of this plan...
1st chamber- remove false floor and filter cartridge and put in 150w stealth heater.
2nd chamber- remove bioballs and put in StevieT's mediabasket and a Tunze 9002 with StevieT's cup
3rd chamber- remove loud Oceanic pump and put in Rio 1100 for more flow and less heat. Also add Hydor Flo Deflector.

Livestock: 2 Clownfish, 1 Yellowtail Damsel, 1 Engineer Goby, Clean Up Crew, Cleaner Shrimp. Also some mushroom and soft corals.

Sound good? Any changes? Eventually i want to upgrade the lighting,get an ATO, and keep LPS and SPS, possibly clams.

PS: The tank had already been running for over a year. What do you think of the rock?

IMG_2138.JPG

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
The rock looks a little bare to me.

I say do whatever you want in your sump, tinker away till it does what you want and need.

The engineer goby will probably outgrow that tank. Just as a heads up.

Other than that, rock on. :D

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I have gotten, my brother has gotten, and many friends have gotten LR from www.liveaquaria.com

My brother has also bought rock dirt cheap from THEIR provider...but I dont remember the name and its kinda a hassle.

That being said very cheap LR can be bought online on ebay ect...but you have to be careful because you dont know if it has been treated with copper or has bad things on it...its a little sketch, but you get what you pay for.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store