powder blue dwarf gourami

JENUINE

Feeder Fish
Aug 11, 2010
florida
I have a 55 gallon tank with freshwater fish. Recently I had to put to sleep one of my 2 dwarf powder blue gouramis. The remaining fish seems to be missing his partner. He/she sort of stayed by the ill fish before I euthanized it and now it seems to swim up and down and back and forth as if searching for something. Should I get another companion fish? When both fish were healthy, they seldom interacted with each other!:popcorn:

Racersk

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2010
Covington
JENUINE;4434394; said:
I have a 55 gallon tank with freshwater fish. Recently I had to put to sleep one of my 2 dwarf powder blue gouramis. The remaining fish seems to be missing his partner. He/she sort of stayed by the ill fish before I euthanized it and now it seems to swim up and down and back and forth as if searching for something. Should I get another companion fish? When both fish were healthy, they seldom interacted with each other!:popcorn:
In my short times raising 4 regular blue gouramis, I have found that they want to be alone, or with 5-6 together. If there are only 2 or 3, they will pick on each other, usually the newer fish won't survive or will hide constantly.

It is a fish, let it be for a few weeks and see what prevails, it doesn't need a 'friend', as it will see another as an intruder to its teritory. (alot like their cousins the Beta...)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store