Idiots Lit Turtle on fire -- BUSTED

neoprodigy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2006
DC-MD-VA
remember this thread

Idiots Light Snapping Turtle On Fire (warning, this thread depicts animal cruelty)

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/602194.html

BUSTED

Teenagers admit lighting turtle on fire -- twice

An 18-year-old has pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for a videotaped incident in which he and two friends lit a turtle on fire and danced around it.

Associated Press Last update: August 08, 2006 – 11:36 AM

MOORHEAD, Minn. — An 18-year-old has pleaded guilty to animal cruelty for a videotaped incident in which he and two friends lit a turtle on fire and danced around it.

Joel Charles Ross of Hawley admitted they set the large snapping turtle on fire. He said they did it not once, but twice, and dressed up differently because they wanted to make their video "more funny and exciting.''

I put the gas on the turtle and made a trail, and one of my friends ignited it with a lighter,'' he said.

The video was posted online. Ross was arrested after a police officer received it in an e-mail.

Ross acknowledged in court Monday that he knew the act would be cruel and painful to to the animal.

Judge Michael Kirk will sentence Ross Sep. 18. He could face up to 90 days in jail and a $1,000 fine.

But Ross's attorney doesn't expect the maximum because the two juveniles involved received community service.

Kirk also ordered a psychiatric evaluation for Ross after defense attorney Dennis Fisher said, "it was too expensive for the family to do it on their own.''

Fisher said the incident seemed to him to be a one-time event. "He has pets at home; he's had pets at home before,'' Fisher said. "None of those animals have ever been harmed.''

PeacockBass

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2005
Kill him, and his friends. And his parrents.

wingbak48

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2006
cali
eye for an eye
thats so true dood

Honda12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
Michigan
I'm glad they got cought but there punishment isn't even anything, it is almost like they didn't get cought.

We need to bring back public stoneings.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store