Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 239
  1. #81
    Red-Claw Crab
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    uk
    Last Activity
    01-28-2012 6:18 AM
    Posts
    14
    running all my tanks in my fishhouse on sponge/homemade biofilters cant go wrong
    tanks
    2x 2ft
    2x2.5ft
    6x3ft
    1x4ft
    3x5.6ft

    all on 1 air pump save loads of wattage





  2. #82
    Wels Catfish aclockworkorange's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rose City
    Posts
    10,001
    Quote Originally Posted by m1maniac;4822406;
    running all my tanks in my fishhouse on sponge/homemade biofilters cant go wrong
    tanks
    2x 2ft
    2x2.5ft
    6x3ft
    1x4ft
    3x5.6ft

    all on 1 air pump save loads of wattage
    Dang, you gotta post pictures of that on this thread!
    'MERICA



  3. #83
    Cobra Snakehead CLDarnell's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha
    Last Activity
    02-22-2011 7:42 AM
    Posts
    1,221
    I just bought my very first sponge filter This thread inspired me. It's going into the new shrimp tank I'm going to set up!

    I am used to looking at $250 or more for canister filters. It sort of felt odd to pay $7 for a new filter lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by aclockworkorange;4674438;
    Looks pretty crowded and why do you only have one neon? That's like having only one potato chip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritofthesoul;4848049;
    You can't be considered a true MFK until you have been bitten by a fish once or snapped by an crustacean



  4. #84
    Wels Catfish aclockworkorange's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rose City
    Posts
    10,001
    Quote Originally Posted by CLDarnell;4822432;
    I just bought my very first sponge filter This thread inspired me. It's going into the new shrimp tank I'm going to set up!

    I am used to looking at $250 or more for canister filters. It sort of felt odd to pay $7 for a new filter lol.
    Odd, but oh so good? Like the first time you ever messed around with a chick?
    'MERICA



  5. #85
    Jardini gt1009's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Last Activity
    03-27-2014 7:40 AM
    Posts
    709
    Random idea here, but I'm thinking now about putting a smaller sponge filter in my sump. Anyone else ever try this? You could get all the benefits of a sponge filter without the downside of having an unsightly sponge filter in the display. You could probably theoretically remove a wetdry chamber on the sump, and fill that space with sponge filters run off a single large air pump. As long as your sump doesn't have downwards water flow in the chamber you put the sponge in. In that case, you would probably have to use a small powerhead.



  6. #86
    Wels Catfish aclockworkorange's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rose City
    Posts
    10,001
    Quote Originally Posted by gt1009;4822513;
    Random idea here, but I'm thinking now about putting a smaller sponge filter in my sump. Anyone else ever try this? You could get all the benefits of a sponge filter without the downside of having an unsightly sponge filter in the display. You could probably theoretically remove a wetdry chamber on the sump, and fill that space with sponge filters run off a single large air pump. As long as your sump doesn't have downwards water flow in the chamber you put the sponge in. In that case, you would probably have to use a small powerhead.
    Yes, this was discussed a bit earlier in this thread. Excellent idea to just throw a sponge in a submerged sump. Don't know if i'd replace anything though.
    'MERICA



  7. #87
    Cobra Snakehead CLDarnell's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Real Name
    Cliff
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Omaha
    Last Activity
    02-22-2011 7:42 AM
    Posts
    1,221
    Quote Originally Posted by aclockworkorange;4822493;
    Odd, but oh so good? Like the first time you ever messed around with a chick?

    Naww, the filter was way more expensive than that!

    But yeah, I can get used to $7 filters pretty easily!

    I already changed my mind. The sponge is going to go into my 10g fry tank and that HOB is going to go onto the shrimp tank. I won't have to worry about fry in the intake tube this way.

    Thanks clockwork!
    Quote Originally Posted by aclockworkorange;4674438;
    Looks pretty crowded and why do you only have one neon? That's like having only one potato chip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiritofthesoul;4848049;
    You can't be considered a true MFK until you have been bitten by a fish once or snapped by an crustacean



  8. #88
    Great Barracuda bassguy's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Last Activity
    Today 12:32 PM
    Posts
    2,323
    i run them im my sumps and all my breaders. THEY ROCK!!!!!!!!!!



  9. #89
    Cobra Snakehead TimTheBadass's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Wales, UK
    Last Activity
    10-19-2013 6:01 PM
    Posts
    1,202
    A friend of mine had a fish house and she used to run a huge pond air pump attached the a pvc pipe that ran all the way round the fish house. She then had air lines exiting this pipe along it's length that would run sponge filters in many of her tanks.



  10. #90
    Wels Catfish aclockworkorange's Avatar
    Usergroup
    MFK members
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Rose City
    Posts
    10,001
    That is exactly how my old work at a wholesaler with hundreds of tanks was set up. The PVC ran down the length of the ceiling above the stacked tanks facing back to back and airlines running into them individually.
    'MERICA



Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •