how do i get my datnoid to eat pellets?

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
how do i get my datnoid to eat pellets?
i tried hakari arowana sticks, hakari sinking conorvore pellets, new life spectrum jumbo formula, wardley fish flakes, and wardly cichlid pellets it wont eat anything except freeze dried krill.... i dont know if that is too healthy for them... they are about 1-1.5 inch thank you

piranha45

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
kay
anyone know if outright forced-starvation works on datnoids? starve em for a few weeks and then they'll eat?

xxt2goodxx

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2005
www.myspace.com
piranha45 said:
anyone know if outright forced-starvation works on datnoids? starve em for a few weeks and then they'll eat?

i tryed that starving thing with my false tigrinus and it died...... i've been doing the starving thing but i feed them every 4 days.... and yea i think they are retarded but they look so awesome when they are huge

PhullTank57

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2005
The Next Level
www.youtube.com
Is your dat taking shrimp?.. if so, try", marinating the pellets in shrimp "juice". If it doesn't take it, try stuffing or gut loading the shrimp w/ pellets. :) GL!

alfon76

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2005
There is no sure shot way of doing it but if you train them to eat whatever you put in the tank they will eventually do it. Mine started eating hikari sinking pellets after getting used to attack every time something sank into the bottom of the tank. Frozen krill was the key element to get them to eat the pellets.
They went into a frenzy every time I put krill in there and I started dropping krill with pellets until they started eating the pellets by themselves.

Having other fishes with them that eat the pellets might help in the sense that they will see other eating the pellets and will try to compete for them.

Good luck,
Ivan

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Shrimp is better. When theyre used to eating prepared food, i say starve em for 3 days and try again. If not fatten them up again and starve for 1 week.

Steve_89

NISMO
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
?
What Phulltank said

I did that also :)

zhiz22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2005
Singapore
This IT decided to eat pellets after it had been starving in a bichirs tanks that had mainly pellets for food. Over a few months, it decided to eat pellets. Now it eats mainly pellets and grab pellets together with a bunch of parrot fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store