Getting the 29 going again!!!

-EWO-NiUm-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2010
White Settlement, TX
Well I've finally decided to get back into saltwater, and I dont know which direction I wanna go with it. I would like community tank this time (last time it was my violatin growout) but unsure as to what it should be stocked with... Any suggestions? I'd like to have a wide variety instead of schools btw.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
What are you looking for?

I hate stocking questions...for me making up my stocking list is what motivates the new tank. :D

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
A goby, blenny, couple of smaller non-agro clowns, couple of shrimp, some snails, hermits (ugh), and maybe one dwarf angel and you are stocked to a level that I would consider reasonable.

Thats how I would stock it, but taste are different from person to person.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Heathd;4582924; said:
A goby, blenny, couple of smaller non-agro clowns, couple of shrimp, some snails, hermits (ugh), and maybe one dwarf angel and you are stocked to a level that I would consider reasonable.

Thats how I would stock it, but taste are different from person to person.
+1 except dwarf blue leg hermits!!! YAY YAY YAY! Lol heath. :grinno:

-EWO-NiUm-

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2010
White Settlement, TX
Sooo...
1 Black scissortail blennie, 1 watchman goby with shrimp, 3 blue leg hermits, 2 oscelleris, 2 peppermint shrimp, and 1 yellow headed jawfish orrr couple of damsels?

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
-EWO-NiUm-;4583511; said:
Sooo...
1 Black scissortail blennie, 1 watchman goby with shrimp, 3 blue leg hermits, 2 oscelleris, 2 peppermint shrimp, and 1 yellow headed jawfish orrr couple of damsels?
I say no to the damsels with clowns. I have damsels with clown right now and they get into it. The only saving grace is that my tomato clowns are mean enough to keep them in check. I had a pair of percs die due to the damsels in the past.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
I also want to say that the jawfish might get beat up by the watchman goby. I didnt think about that at the time I replied last. It can be done in a larger tank, but since they are both burrowing fish, it could be an issue.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store