Rehoming fish is a pain in the...

Status
Not open for further replies.

gveng

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
to go along with the "why did you buy fish too big for your aquarium" thread, i just wanted to say, rehoming fish is probably one of the most pain in the ass things to do.

i got rid of my angelfish, those went quick on craigslist, i got rid of my parrot cichlids, those went in about a week... but for some reason no on wants the snow white cichlids. NO ONE!! lowered the price to $5.00 for the pair on craigslist... nothing, called the LFS... they won't take them because they are too big, WTF? so now what do i do? i'm open to suggestions...

/rant

on a side note, **** everyone on craigslist, everyone and anyone is a flake,,, i swear i got like 6 emails and texts saying they will take them but then never replied. :( ohh and don't downgraded tanks, everything was nice and peachy in the 60 gallon but this 40 gallon is becoming a headache.

sploke

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
Lebanon, CT
I know the feeling...I'm trying to thin out a bunch of stuff too, its a pain to get rid of them unless they're free. and even then you get flakes.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
You mean you can't sell fish like these?!

Ridiculous! I'd buy them for $10 easily if I weren't in the process of focusing my efforts on crayfish and bettas right now.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
I cringe when I see someone say they want to "grow out" a large type fish like a Red tail Cat, Pacu, etc..., and then rehome it when they are done with it.

knifegill

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Oscar Tummy
True. Who are they growing it out for? It's like they are imagining some mystical happy pond where all of these giant fish will swim happily someday. But it's not there. They just get passed around from too-small to almost-big-enough and back to too-small until they die. Very, very few of the RTC's and pacu end up living even 1/3 of their lifespan in captivity. I feel you.

But two amazing white-blue cichlids ought to find a good home soon enough. Tried posting a pic on your LFS corkboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store