polypterus paralyzed (video)

aank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
Asia
hello, :D
i have 2 Endlicheri suddenly being paralyzed:WHOA:, did someone know how can i fix my Endli and to get back to be normal again,,
thanks if someone to answer this Q::cry:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZYrE2ajHRw
on the left one, he is the first Endli got paralyzed, and then the other one being paralyzed too,,
sorry my english is not really good, i hope u can understand what i said:)

NCStateFisher

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2010
NC
they look okay just mad that ur sitting there poking them lol

aank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
Asia
pi-eyed;4594185; said:
I have an endli too. Yours seem fine. Mine pretty much stays at the bottom with very little movement. From my experience this is normal.

Hope this helps,
Chris
is not the same, i have 11 endlicheri in my tank about 50g, and this both looks very different when they swiming and to take a breath..

expkeeper19

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 3, 2009
Regina
do they act this way when they are in your big tank, cuz i think its normal that they swim weird when they are in a small bucket of water.

aank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2010
Asia
expkeeper19;4599600; said:
do they act this way when they are in your big tank, cuz i think its normal that they swim weird when they are in a small bucket of water.
yes it is,
in a few days i can make some video in higher tank, if you really want to know it!!

Saterus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
Minnesota
I really don't know what it could be but they don't really look paralyzed since at least the one can curl and uncurl.. I've only had paralyzed weather loaches (electric cat shocked) but they just literally couldn't move their back half but otherwise acted pretty normal. After a few weeks it seemed like the swelling went down and the one's tail started to move again like maybe the swelling caused the paralysis. Then he was eaten so I don't know if he'd have gotten any better..
Anyway, do the look swollen anywhere? Maybe it's pinched nerves or just discomfort. Possibly an internal parasite since 2 got it?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store