Thinking we are done...

Florencebigfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2007
Florence, KY
After much thought and discussion we are truly considering selling off the breeders and the pond. We have a pregnant female (Batgirl's mom) that is due around Christmas and everything will probably be for sale shortly after that. The other female is pregnant again too, but not due until sometime in Feb. so whoever gets her will have a bonus on the way. ;) We have kids, kids in sports, jobs and so many other things going on we just don't feel like we have the time to devote to them that we should. Before anyone asks...Batgirl isn't for sale. We will be keeping her....Sorry. We set out 3 years ago to successfully breed stingrays and we have accomplished that so it's time to pass the torch. Most of you know these rays are breeding machines and each of the 2 females produce a litter about every 115 - 125 days. We have 2 adult males and 3 adult females (1 has not breed yet). We thought we would throw this out there now so people could start thinking about it. We will still be hanging out on MFK as our love for stingrays isn't gone, just need to focus on other things for a while.

ajsmith235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2010
Southern Indiana
WOW.... FBF, You have done so well breeding. DEF. family first. Ashley and I still LOVE you guys!! and batgirl!! GLAD you arent going anywhere.... Well i guess when and if you get back into it, dan can get those cough cough black rays haha. just playing around. love ya guys

USMCtanker

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
wa
sorry to hear, i have had to tear down a few times in the military. family always first but hard sometimes when u love ur rays bc they are family. thanks for all the help with all my ?s. u guys rock an breed great rays. good luck. best wishs. hope me an my wife will have as much luck as u guys have

jeffers

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 11, 2009
southern indiana
oh wow. this is a shocker to see. i understand about family though thats important, I'm glad to see that you are sticking with your mfk family as well. best wishes in whatever you decide to do.

ajsmith235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2010
Southern Indiana
ALL HAIL FBF! A moment of silence please..... wait, they arent dieing, or leaving.... but still... no rays at the FBF house is just unheard of..HAHA well except batgirl. You guys are truly SUPERB people. Goodluck with everything your doing

Florencebigfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 15, 2007
Florence, KY
Thanks everyone!! It's not a have to, it's a want to. We put a lot of heart and soul into rays for the last 9 years, especially into the last 3 getting them to breed. It has been a great ride. We are currently waiting on our 8th litter and we get just as excited now as we did with the first. Ok, maybe not the first, Batgirl was in it. LOL But you know what we mean. It wasn't an easy decision to make, but with our plans on possibly moving long distance in the next few years along with the kids and all the directions we are pulled with them it just seems like the right thing to do now. We would love to sell the entire setup, pond, filtration, stingrays, pup tank, etc to one person so they can continue where we left off. No one would be disappointed in the outcome. Everything is custom built/altered to work perfectly on the pond and it runs seamlessly. We will always hang out on MFK and hopefully watch whoever buys our rays have the same success we have. And yes, Austin, in a few years when we get moved and into our forever home we will probably have those black ones. ;) Our biggest goal for the next few years will be keeping Batgirl healthy and growing so that when we move our biggest concern will be getting her there safely. It's all good. :)

FishDog

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2008
B.G. KY
Wow! Did not expect to read this. Glad to hear you are not giving them all up. I would be sad if I was the only ray keeper in KY.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store