"200 Gallon Custom Tank"

AquaGeek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Sarasota, Florida
Hello everybody; I have a quick question for anyone out there that may have enough inclination to help me out with the wonderfully expert advice always found here on MonsterFishKeepers.com.

I am looking for a bigger and better tank than my current setups, which are relatively small, and have been searching Craigslist periodically for various setups and I just came across this one: http://sarasota.craigslist.org/for/2079055382.html

What do you say? Worth it or not? Claims to be a custom 200 gallon tank for $250; the dimensions are listed as 49 1/2 in - depth 24 1/2 in - hight 36 1/2 in, which according to the dimension calculator I used came out to something closer to 183 gallons. The tank also comes with a stand, filter (albeit, it is an undergravel) and a few other various things.

So...in your opinion, worth it or not? 49 inches is an awfully short 180 gallon...

dirtbikerider

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
Louisiana
Yeah sounds like a 180 but still not a bad price

CharlieTuna

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2010
Colorado
I don't care for the dimensions of the tank, that is just my preference. If you like it, all is well. Personally, I would be a little scared to buy a home-made tank. I would be worried about leaks and how the thing will hold up not knowing if it was properly built. There is not a lot of equipment with it, you will need to add some sort of bio and mechanical filtration, maybe a sump and a canister filter or two, you are going to have to put some money into it for a nice system. I would pass, other opinions will probably vary.

AquaGeek

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2010
Sarasota, Florida
Yeah, I mostly agree with you. I am probably going to pass on this because I really am not a fan of the dimensions of the tank at all; but I thought I'd at least put it up here for other more experienced aquarists to give their opinion just in case there is something there that I am not seeing.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store