stingray floating on top of water?!

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
Sorry for posting so many threads at once but I am seeing a lot of strange behavior from my rays recently. It is currently 3AM and I look at my tank and I can't find one of my motoros. Not buried in the sand anywhere. All the sudden I look at the top of the tank and I see this...

All three of my rays are doing it now and flying all over the tank....
I think all 3 are about to die I'm about to cry

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
I am having both of my powerheads on at the surface,
my retic is upside down struggling for her life right now.

I did a water change today and now this is what I get :(

Bretthoskins24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2010
Shelby
do you have a air pump if so stick it in there. my ray done this once i did a 25% water change and stuck the air pump in after about 30 min all was good!

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
I did a water change today and the water level is a little higher than usual. one motoro is floating at the top, my retic is upside down and my other motoro is at the bottom but panting it seems gonna take out like 25% of the water right now.

ugh its 4AM!!!!

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
my water parameters are what they usually are nothing is out of the ordianary, ammonia is fine. I put in some aquarium salt during the water change today that was the only thing I did different I do water changes every Sunday.

My retic is back on her belly now but still struggling it seems.

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
my retic keeps looking like she is gonna go back on her back, goes like half way and then lands back on her belly I'm hoping she pulls thru

Bretthoskins24

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2010
Shelby
ya man lets hope! i would keep up on the water changes tho! i hate to say it but if it was me i would do another water change. sucks i no but sucks even more to have a ray die. goodluck !

JeremyXXXX

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2010
Long Island
I have no prob doing weekly water changes but after today I am afraid! I did a water change and now all of the sudden I am getting strange behavior from my rays. They seem to be okay as of now but every once and a while they kind of float for a minute or two

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store