The most intelligent CA/SA Cichlid?

cichlid_8810

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2010
UK
I know Cichlids are very intelligent but which one stands out to you for brain power?

For me the most intelligent has to be a Geophagus Steindachneri Red Hump Eartheater.

My adult male was very intelligent, very crafty and was extremely confident with everything.

He made his tank his home and if a sunken pellet ended up under a rock he set about unearthing it for days on end sometimes even a week.

Constant digging but used to do it in such a way so that the rock wouldnt fall it was very funny.

Great Cichlid.

DCOWBOYS

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2010
Where the Parachromis roam...
They say Oscars,but mine have always been pretty dumb,my 4"Dovii seems pretty smart right now he does his little meal time "dance" and recoginizes me a lot faster than any of my other fish.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
My severums are scary smart. Im sure they re arrange their tank just to make me mad or to get attention. They are my little buddies.

(oscars are like bricks. As tough as one but twice as dumb.)

CODzilla

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2009
UK
My Oscars play with the decor, ping pong balls etc. whilst my Jag just looks on like "WTF?" :ROFL:

D. Hedington

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2009
QLD, austaralia
My Dovii and Jag, these 2 have distince personallities, and are both cold and calculating, quick to discover easy solutions to and problem they encounter.
and for some reason my jag used to spit sand into the intake of one of my FX5s, I actually witnessed the dovii see this from across the room and copy, was an odd display.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store