Is windex reptile safe????

brooklynboy521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2010
United States
Just as the title says is WINDEX reptile safe. I was just cleaning cages and was wondering
:nilly:

Edwardo

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
NJ
brooklynboy521;4736667; said:
Just as the title says is WINDEX reptile safe. I was just cleaning cages and was wondering
:nilly:
My guess would be its not completely reptile safe, but Im not a chemist, also I think it would depend on how you use it. I wouldnt leave it wet in anyway, in the cage, It does give off fumes,(much more when wet) that Im sure cant be good for any animal to breath, in a confined box.
I only use it on the front panel of my cages, which is either glass or acrylic, cleaning, inside and out and making sure I wipe it completely dry. Never had a problem.

brooklynboy521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2010
United States
Edwardo;4736754; said:
My guess would be its not completely reptile safe, but Im not a chemist, also I think it would depend on how you use it. I wouldnt leave it wet in anyway, in the cage, It does give off fumes,(much more when wet) that Im sure cant be good for any animal to breath, in a confined box.
I only use it on the front panel of my cages, which is either glass or acrylic, cleaning, inside and out and making sure I wipe it completely dry. Never had a problem.
i was just to clean off the inside glass, etc. And yes it would be completely dried

Joe M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
North East
Yeah its fine as long as you let it dry. I use it for my vision cages' glass all the time with no issues.

snakeguy101

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
posting bail
NO it is made with coaltars which are extremely toxic to cold blooded animals. Use bleach or vinegar instead! It is not worth the risk and I do not even use it to clean my windows because if the mist makes its way to them in the other room, it could kill them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store