My 210 FOWLR Turned Reef

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Here is my setup and components. Sorry about the tank glass being dirty, I haven't gotten to the store to get a new scraper. The algae growing won't come off with my magnet scraper.

In Tank:
-72" Coralife 384 watt Power Compact Fixture
-1200 GPH overflow box(never doing a not drilled tank again!)
-2 Koralia 4's
-2 Koralia 3's(I am planning to trade out the 3's with 4's and put the 3's in my 75)
-Approx. 200 lbs. of Live Rock(I plan to add a little more rock to the far left side making a pillar type thing. I will use PVC pipe for this like I did to make the current rockscape you can see.)

In 125 Gallon Sump:
-Aqua C EV-400 Protein Skimmer powered by a MagDrive 18
-Red Sea 100mg/hr Ozonizer(just added!!)
-5" DSB with Chaetomorpha(that is the right side of the sump picture, takes up more than half the 125. I am currently curing rock for the refuge.)
-24" Coralife Power Compact with 65 watt 10k/actinic bulb over the Chaetomorpha.
-MagDrive 18 return pump.

The tank is still a work in progress livestock wise. I recently changed the direction I wanted to go with my tank and got rid of a Blueline Grouper, Snowflake Eel, and Gray Bamboo Shark(the one Fleshy has now).

My current and planned livestock are(for this week at least :nilly:):
1 Scribbled Angel(already in tank)
1 Emperor Angel(already in tank)
1 Harlequin Tusk
1 Hippo/Blue Tang
1 Purple Tang
11 Blue/Green Chromis
1 Chocolate Chip Star(already in tank)
1 African Orange Knob Star(already in tank)
A bunch of Astrea snails, Blue Leg hermits, and Red Leg hermits(already in tank).

IMG_0370.JPG

IMG_0376.JPG

IMG_0378.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Couple more pics...

IMG_0384.JPG

IMG_0390.JPG

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Looking good

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Angel is lookin a little skinny. This is much more impressive in person...this system takes up about 1/3 of his living space. :D

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Thanks all!

I will definitely post updates as I improve my setup and over time how it does. Still a work in progress(always is :)) IMO.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
nonstophoops;4797505; said:
Thanks all!

I will definitely post updates as I improve my setup and over time how it does. Still a work in progress(always is :)) IMO.
It is now...just wait.

One day all you can do is trim corals, and kill fish.

Thats where I got with my 75g...but now its going out the door so I have more money to play with on the 125g. :D

dlp40

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2007
hopewell,va
Nice setup, wish i had the space and money for something like that. How did you get the rocks to float on the right side of the pic like that. I like that a lot. it adds a lot of intrest to the tank.

BIG-G

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 12, 2005
NC
just a thought. The snails and hermits wont last very long if you put a Tusk in with them. But he will love you for it......

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store