fish pic 3 003.jpg

fish pic 3 004.jpg

fish pic 3 005.jpg

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
I breed these. She is what I call "In heat" She is wanting to spawn and her stomach is full of eggs to lay. Do you have a male in the tank with her? The male will be twice her size, dark blue with really bright sequens all down his sides and fins, and when he is in his breeding dress he will start to get a crimson color starting from his lower lip down to his stomach and side. They are awesome fish, and amazing parents, they will stand up to any fish and not back down. When you want to breed them, get them a nice flat stone to lay on and she will cover it in eggs. I mean cover, at least 100-200 eggs. For their size they spawn allot.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Here is a pic of the first time they spawned. Note: this is not their current tank, just a holding tank with Frontosa while their 20L was cycling. The male backed down my alpha male from that was 6x his size. Was a sight to see. Second note: I do not have that crappy white gravel any more lmao.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Lol I told you the males were twice as big, from the pic I cannot tell due to the blurryness, if you can get another picture of the full body with no blur I could tell you

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Nope sorry but that is a female

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store