$500 to Filters?

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Need some advice from the experts on this board. I have managed to hide 500 bucks from my wife ... I kid I kid and will be using that to purchase some new filters for my tanks.

1st - I'm looking for something for my 135 gallon this will be the primary filter replacing some external hook ups I have and will be running with my Jebo.

2nd - I'm going to be setting up my 55 gallon beeder tank for a female parrot and a male Hybrid Texas. This tank will have one of my external filters to help with whatever filter I buy.

what are you thoughts?

Fishwhore

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 8, 2005
_______
look on craigs for deals.......

id go with a wet dry for the 135 and maybe even plumb the breeder into that wet dry.... then add a canister for the 135.....

just a thought........look for a used wet dry/hob overflow and pump......

CLDarnell

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2010
Omaha
Congrats man!!

The bad part about a post like this is 33% of the replies will be for Fluval, another 33% will be for Eheim and the other 33% will be for Rena, AC110s, Emporers, Sumps and Wet/Dry :)

Therefore I won't make any actual make/model recommendations. But, I do suggest you look at each option and decide what gives you the best filtration for your future stocking levels and yet gives you the most bang for your buck...all 500 of them!

If you're definitely looking at canisters, you may want to go with two on the 125. I am a big fan of having multiple filters on any tank.

No matter what, enjoy the shopping trip :)

swede

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2009
ןɟ 'opuɐןɹo ɹɐǝu
congrats on hiding 500 bucks from your wife
its ok, we won't tell :)

Fishnthehood

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2010
Chino, CA
Would an FX and a Jebo be good on my 135?

Mastiffman

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2010
MI.
TropheusAndMore.com
Fishnthehood;4830252; said:
Would an FX and a Jebo be good on my 135?

Mna, you can get FX5's new for less than 200 on ebay and other places. DON"T be Afraid to by a mildly used FX5 Also!? Thay are Very durable PUmps if treated Correctly! I got a used FX5 off of CL for $50 and the only thing that it needed was a repair to one of the lockdowns.... And some Bio Media of Course!:D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store