Baby Bruce! ( fish are friends, not food! )

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Figured I made it past the roughest stage.. so here he/she is!
First picture is when he first got home second was taken tonight. He's def filling out and has grown abit as well. :D

100_0653.jpg

100_0656.jpg

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
btw the hole in the wood on the bottom pic is the same one he's hideing in in the first pic for reference..

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
Nice fish and nice set up.

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Hoyo12;4842828; said:
Very nice Knife, glad to see that everything is going well. :) When he becomes too much of a hassle for you, let me know. :D lol
:p... No way! But I have pondered seeing about getting another one when he out-grows his tank atm to grow out abit and re-sell. I'm haveing alot of fun with the challenge. He gives me the same look my fire eels do.. You can almost see the wheels turning in their head. Unless you want to part with your carpo... :naughty:

LOL we're haveing a blast with this lil' guy! He's now out in hunt mode at night and the male guppies are vanishing. He's still shy about any quick movements but he's getting better... He use to dive for cover and stay there for quite awhile.. now he just kinda meanders over to his safe spot for a minute before comeing back out.

And his growth rate is pretty insane. 25% WC's every other day must be helping alot.

BTW his diet consists of Live black worms, feeder guppies, and maybe a few MTS's and any other micro grado. substrate is eco-complete, and the plants are a variouse mix of common stuff. Oh! and the driftwood is real!.. the white dots everywhere are from a nerite snail... ugh.. that thing lays white spots all over. Tanks been set-up about 6 monthes at the new place and prior to that about 2 yrs. Cycle wasn't compromised dureing the move ( at least not that I'm aware of) I was doseing the tank with flourish ( NOT excel) prior to getting the knife.. but did a 50% WC when he came home and haven't dosed it since. Not sure how he'd react to it.

Kanta

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 19, 2009
Omaha
Nice aba

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
And TY everyone else :D.. This has been a species I just haven't had luck with until this guy! I'm very very delighted to have him! or her!

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
:headbang2:headbang2:headbang2 I found a guppy with half a tail today! and I swore a few of the smaller males where missing! seems like I am right! He now comes out and cruises around with the lights on, still won't touch the NLS pellets but he does sniff around when I put a few in. So I'm thinking just a matter of time! I haven't had a chance to really do a solid measure on him but I'm estimateing he's grown 1.5 inches since we got him now about 3 weeks ago? His growth rate reminds me of the TSN we had, You blink and they look not just longer but bulkier. Hopefully I can snap a few nice pics this week since he's getting more 'n more fearless.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store