100 gal FOWLR set up

playaslk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2008
SoCal
Hey guys, finally got my plumbing in order and tested the tank out outside with fresh water over a few days.

After moving the set up inside and mostly filling it with store bought salt water, here is what i got (sorry, the pics are from photobucket)

110 gallon tank ( guy that sold it said it was 125 but according to my calcs its more like 110) with crap odyssea lights - i have been reading about lighting, this will be a fowlr for now. I will upgrade lights later and venture into low req corals / anems after i get some experience with fowlr

For a better look at the rockwork which is totally a work in progress and i will take any suggestions:

Sump is pictured there: - it has a 750 gph rio 12 return pump and for the skimmer it is an odyssea wp 500 pump. The skimmer is of unknown manufacturer as i cannot find any markings on it (perhaps im not looking at the right places)

Tank has 2 koralia nanos and 2 maxijets 1200 (1 of each on each sidewall of the tank) as well as 2 return lines from the odyssea 500 pump.

Heater is eheim 200watt unit which came w/ the tank ( i have a ViaAqua titanium tube heater with a temp dialer that i can use in there from my fresh planted and use the eheim in the fresh if that makes a diff)

I will grab more water from LFS to top the tank and fill the sump to proper levels. I will also get a cheapo fish to move the cycling along during the next few days.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

sikoko

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2009
Groton,ct
looks in order for now wat you gonna stock it with

dgk9723

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2009
Murylend
Why are you buying wAter? Are you going to do water changes that way to? Looks good tho. Replace skimmer to, reef octopus in sump models can't go wrong. And the skimmer you have now is most def a oddyessea skimmer. You don't need a fish to cycle but that's up to you.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store