Herichthys deppii fry

Parachromis_Dovii

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2007
Celaya, Guanajuato.
DanG13;4879090; said:
Awesome species! Love the colors on these fish, what is there temperament like compared to H. carpintis?
Very similar, they keep out of his territory fishes much bigger than they are, this si the first spawn and I could say that I'm surprise because they are very good parents.

nutty

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2007
United Kingdom
Hello Francisco,

Excellent parental care was one big plus points i also noticed when spawning H. deppii. The bond gets stronger with each spawn. The downside with this strong bond within a community tank is aggression. A 8ft tank with fully grown deppii pair and brood can be easily dominated.:eek:

Good luck with this once rare fish, i hope they will still be in the hobby when i come to keep them again.

Regards,

Lee.

DanG13

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2010
In a van down by the river.
Parachromis_Dovii;4879169; said:
Very similar, they keep out of his territory fishes much bigger than they are, this si the first spawn and I could say that I'm surprise because they are very good parents.
Can't wait to one day own this species, great pair and keep us posted on the fry.

nutty;4879218; said:
Hello Francisco,

Excellent parental care was one big plus points i also noticed when spawning H. deppii. The bond gets stronger with each spawn. The downside with this strong bond within a community tank is aggression. A 8ft tank with fully grown deppii pair and brood can be easily dominated.:eek:

Good luck with this once rare fish, i hope they will still be in the hobby when i come to keep them again.

Regards,

Lee.
Thanks for the added info!

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Very nice pair. They are one of my favorite CA sp. How is the male with the female? I hear they can be killers and have to be separated eventually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store