Leopaldi Restricted?

240Drifter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
NJ
I called my LFS to see if they canget me another leopaldi stingray and they told me they are restricted in NJ. I would only be able to get a captive breed one for 600$. Which is weird b/c i just bought one yesturday for 3 times less then that. If antone has heard of this let me know.

reefraymaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2005
Chardon
Leopoldi rays are not going to be shipped in from Brazil for one or two years. They should be legal in Jersey. Some members on this fourm have rays in jersey. Are u sure that ths is a leopold (black with white spots but no little spots on the disk edge). If it has small spots around the disc edge it is a henlei. please post pics.

240Drifter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
NJ
No its a leopaldi im positive ill post pics anyways when i get my camera back

240Drifter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
NJ
Yeah it was a leopaldi. The store also had a blue ringed motoro for 150$. The store is actually a dog and cat supply place. I didnt even know they had fish untill i went in. They had no idea what they had. Im pretty sure they got it from a customer and thats y they were selling it so cheap. Its about 9" in diameter. They also had 2 other rays, a hysterix 10" for 125$ and a motoro for 125$. Well thanx for the response.

240Drifter

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
NJ
As soon as i get my camera back i will post ASAP.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store