Omega One vs NLS

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
That's right! Another battle!

Analysis' set aside, the ingredients look pretty darn good in Omega One, purhaps more attractive than NLS'.
I did notice a very high fat content in Omega One products though.

Discuss! But keep it clean ;)

AcsFoolMike

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
Bethpage, NY
Here we go again!

Personally, I've been using NLS for all my fish. Took a couple of days before they would accept the pellets but once they did, they never stopped. NLS seems to be a bit messier as the fish can't fully digest all the nutrients in the dense pellets, but as far as color, growth and health, I haven't had any problems with NLS.

That's not to say there's anything wrong with Omega One; I think they make a great product as well, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

My two cents.

Miguel

Ole Dawg
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2006
Very much south..
I have never sen Omega for sale in these here parts...

Feed NLS and Hikari. NLS is harder to get them used to.....

Aquanero

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Feb 16, 2009
New Jersey
ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!! This never ends good.........lol :popcorn:

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
LOL, been there, done that.

Maybe I should just write a book? :D

Gatorxxx420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2010
Taylor, Mi
I use both brands. I use Omega One wafers for my plecos and NLS pellets for my fish. If my plecos get a few NLS pellets that's ok, my fish eat at the wafers too. Ingredients wise, I feel like these are the best 2 foods on the market we could buy our fish.

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
Aquanero;4921323;4921323 said:
ARE YOU CRAZY!!!!!!! This never ends good.........lol :popcorn:
Ain't that the truth! I use Hikari Cichlid Gold and NLS as a staple. Sometimes I will try other brands too, but Hikari and NLS remain the consistent foods. I see Omega all the time but I haven't bought any because I am pretty well stocked with food at the time. An LFS near me swears by Omega though. They are very impressed by its quality and the results they see from it in their fish. I may try it when things get low in the fish food pantry. My Polleni relishes NLS much more than all my other fish. The others eat it but they don't enhale it like he does. I did try a gel food recently consisting of krill to see if the others would like it. It has been a messy and epic fail. Thank goodness for Clown loaches and catfish.

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
I probably shouldn't comment in this thread lol :lock: (love you RD)

I will say though that I use both and about a month ago I switched my Satanoperca mapiritensis group over from Omega One to NLS large cichlid pellet (3mm sinking) and they are already showing noticable growth and better colors. This is the slowest growing species I've ever owned so seeing a little growth is a big deal. That being the only thing in my regime to change I would say is 100% thanks to NLS.

^ that's going to come back to haunt me later but I have used both for years with little noticable difference, but for this species, is delivering great results. Perhaps the lesser fatty content, I'm not sure.

HrHagel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2009
Denmark
Thanks for the responses gents, and Justin, if mapiritensis can show a visible size increase on NLS, that's something!

Neil, don't hold back, i'm not asking you to be the NLS guy but would really love to see you compare these two cichlids pellets.

Ps. even though some of the info will be redundant, the last real Omega One vs NLS was quite a long time ago, and fish foods constantly change recipies to my knowledge.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store