Have some concern's on BD pups or BD in general?

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
Hey all,
I've been doing alot of research on FW stingrays. My plan at the beggining was to buy some MM stingrays to gain experience. I currently have choosen a 6-7" king royal motoro female.
But, I just got word from my fish guy (vendor) that he is able to get some BD pups! There 4"-6" captive breed BD's.
What I want to know is:
1. What is a good price to pay for 4"-6" bd pups? (1 male,2 females hopefully)
2. How should a BD's pattern differ from a regular Leo?
3. What exactly is the P13 or P14 stand for? I know it has something to do with pattern and number of dot's I think?
4. are they hard to take care of? (I'm planning on buying a 700 gallon indoor pond)
Thanks for info
Gerrad

dookie

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2005
Hong Kong
bd's are probably the easiest, best looking, and most active rays. Unfortunately they are one of the most expensive rays. You're looking to spending anywhere from 1500-3500 per fish. bd's differ from leo via perimeter spotting, whiteness of the spots and number of spots.

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
dookie;4956836; said:
bd's are probably the easiest, best looking, and most active rays. Unfortunately they are one of the most expensive rays. You're looking to spending anywhere from 1500-3500 per fish. bd's differ from leo via perimeter spotting, whiteness of the spots and number of spots.
Well, I do plan on picking some up from my guy. So, I will post the pics of them as soon as they settle in.
Do you happen to have a pic of a great quality BD?

DB junkie

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2007
Iowa
As long as "your guy" is legit there really shouldn't be any questions, concerns, or issues.

Wish I could justify buying rays that cost a few grand to familiarize myself with fw rays......

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
DB junkie;4958452; said:
As long as "your guy" is legit there really shouldn't be any questions, concerns, or issues.

Wish I could justify buying rays that cost a few grand to familiarize myself with fw rays......
I know it's probably not the best idea to buy really expensive stingrays at the start? But, for the price he's charging me for a male and female BD pup's? And, free shipping! I can't pass it up and I think most of you guys would do the same thing? Especially if your into Blackie rays :naughty:!

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
LOPAKA;4960484; said:
Oh, for sure man. I'm putting my order in by this upcoming wednesday. Then I'll have to wait a month till I get them. In the meantime I'm getting the king royal female (avatar) and a male this week.

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
Well, it's offical I paid for my BD pup's today (male and female). I'm also picking up 2 more rays MM's. Can't wait......to join the Darkside,lol!

Sickfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2010
Tijuana Mexico
Gbusiness;4969302; said:
Well, it's offical I paid for my BD pup's today (male and female). I'm also picking up 2 more rays MM's. Can't wait......to join the Darkside,lol!
Congrats on your purchase! I hope to see you post pics soon of the pair of BD's your talking about! Goodluck brotha! Hope they look insane!

Gbusiness

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2010
IL
Thanks Sickfish and Fred. I found out that I'll be getting them early may. I can't tell you guy's what I paid for them? But, I'm pretty sure my guy is legit.
So, excited I can't wait to get them! I may grab the other Darksider's when I get my pond setup?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store