AT Silver Datnoid ID please: India or Asia?

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
My LFS got these in recently. I don't have any experience with AT Datnoids.

So, does it look like the common Asia AT, or the newer shipments from India?

Thanks in advance.

photo-10.JPG

photo-11.JPG

iTiger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
DC
Nice Dat. I was thinking about buying it too when I see it in the store, but too little. Is this guy stable mostly in your tank?

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
Hey Bro!

Very stable in the small "breeder container." Eating massivore the same evening. Hey, I saw another "Y" IT, very wide bars, about 3.5". Thought about you, but didn't pick it up. LMK in the future whatever you may be looking for.

iTiger

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 17, 2011
DC
Thanks for ur thought. My goal is to get a stable three bar Indo like yours. I'm kinda tired of they growing very slow even though I feed them daily. So I'll try to look for medium size ones with three bars. I think the only advantage of getting smaller one is that it's easier to train and more stable coz u have him for long time. is that true?

888fish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2008
CA
If you feed massivore, with your frequent water changes, they can reach up to 8-9" in 1 year. MFK user Gangster proved this, and mine are growing fast! I think its more satisfying to buy 3" IT Dats and growing them out. Focus on the massivore feeding and getting big full swollen bellies daily. My 12" 3BAR was super stable at the LFS @ 8", and fed goldfish there. I got it eating krill, then MP, and massivore easily.

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
serious question, how do you think people can ID a fish from where it came if it just looks like a normal run of the mill D polota.
basically its a D polota.

CoryWentland

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2012
Minnesota
I know that this comment is like a year late, but I was wondering if it is okay to keep a small datnoid in a "Breeder Container" and if so, what size should the container be right away. I have grow outs for one, but this could help the datnoid with competition against the other fish in all of my other aquariums as the fish tend to be quite active and can be aggressive.

arodini

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2009
ohio
Sure, I have my 3.5" NTT in a 10g to make sure its eating all it can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store