Unusual livebearer hybrids?

Big Business

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2005
DC area
Just out of my own intellectual curiosity, I'm wondering if anyone has heard of unusual livebearer hybrids?

The ones that I know of are:

• Platy/Swordtail
  • Elders/Guppy
  • Molly Sp. Mixes
  • Molly/Guppy

Does anyone know if Mollies and Platies and/or Swordtails can cross?

maxcow

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
traverse city
endlers regularly breed with guppies and actually most "guppy" strains sold today are part endler. I personally have had guppies breed with mollies b4 but they never seemed to be able to breed after the first generation, aka they are more than likely going to end up sterile.

Big Business

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2005
DC area
maxcow;4961165; said:
endlers regularly breed with guppies and actually most "guppy" strains sold today are part endler. I personally have had guppies breed with mollies b4 but they never seemed to be able to breed after the first generation, aka they are more than likely going to end up sterile.
Has anyone bred fertile guppy/molly crosses?

Lepisosteus platyrhincus

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2008
In the caiman den
YEs, ive seen them. They call them mollyguppies. I think its the result of small female mollies with big male guppies. Most likley in brackish water
They are called muppies not mollyguppies

FishFreak95

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2009
New Mexico
I read about guppy mosquito fish hybrids and I think it might be possible. The Rio Grande has tons of mosquito fish so mayby ill throw a couple male gambusia with some virgin female guppies.

vitaly

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2010
www.youtube.com
platy and sword tail are not really hybrids, unless wild caught. most platies and swords in the hobby are already hybridized as there are tons of different species of swords/platies in the wild. which one's are in the hobby? who knows. probably a mix of all of them

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store