My Flowerhorn Laid Eggs...

YOOPER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2006
Da U.P.
Divider breeding is very common. Male releases sperm on one side of the divider, sperm swim thru divider to fertilize eggs on the other side. A good way to prevent losing a fish (or both) to aggression. I put a flat rock or the like next to the divider so the female can lay her eggs close. I used to breed a pair of midas I had this way. Come to think of it I also did a red tiger this way. Post pics!

Merlin Aldous Espinoza

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iloilo City
DeLgAdO;522375; said:
where are these eggs exactly

by the divider by chance?
Ok I have corals near the glass divider. My Female FH moved it there (amazed at what she can do). I didnt know that she was about to lay eggs... Will these eggs hatch? My male is in the other side but now stays in the spot where the coral and eggs is located. So is my female. Very protective of her eggs. Almost killed the pleco tankmate.
:headbang2

Merlin Aldous Espinoza

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iloilo City
YOOPER;522374; said:
Divider breeding is very common. Male releases sperm on one side of the divider, sperm swim thru divider to fertilize eggs on the other side. A good way to prevent losing a fish (or both) to aggression. I put a flat rock or the like next to the divider so the female can lay her eggs close. I used to breed a pair of midas I had this way. Come to think of it I also did a red tiger this way. Post pics!
Thanks Yooper... I will post pics soon. How come my female changed color abit after laying eggs? is it normal?

Merlin Aldous Espinoza

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2006
Iloilo City
YOOPER;522374; said:
Should have known when they started building pyramids on both sides and moving large aquarium rocks and objects. That shouldve given me a clue that they were preparing nests.... Man I'm quite amazed at what my fishes can do... :headbang2

YOOPER

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2006
Da U.P.
Yes the color change is normal. Look at the eggs, if they are white and/or fungused then no, they will not hatch. My Fh eggs are a honey color when fertilized. If you look close you may see smallish black dots in the eggs (eyes). When did she drop the eggs?

ronnie

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2005
tshong talagang nangingitlog ang FH magisa. kahit may divider.

sana kung lalake ung katabi nya e napag palit mo kagad. malay mo makabuo ka

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store