100 gal just about done![LOAD WARNING!]

enwelz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Woodinville, Wa`
Click on the pics to see them non funky, for some reason the dimensions are off i think...

Starting the stand!

Free marble top from an old house we tore down a few years back!

Good ol'd murky water from new sand.

Running on biowheels until my sump pump came in the mail (rio 32HF)

Pump made it, this is the dry fitting! With extra long tubes to be trimmed

Up and running!

Side Shot!

Currently!

Eel!

And the centerpiece!

enwelz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Woodinville, Wa`
By the way, the tank is filled with purified sea water from the seattle aquarium! You can swing by the front desk and buy a $10 card that lets you pump water from a hose for a nickle a gallon. It is the same water they use in all of their aquariums, including their reef aquariums. I am having pretty good luck, and saving lots of money on salt, so if you are in the area try it out! There is no limit you can buy, and the hoses will put out from 4 gal per minute up to 65 gpm.

Just some food for thought for the other northwesties out there :)

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Holy crud these are some big pictures. I wish they werent so huge.

It looks good so far, I might add some more rock though.

enwelz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2009
Woodinville, Wa`
Yes, sorry about the giant pics, I thought imageshack would downsize them(I picked compresion for forums but it faild me and i didn't preview the post... my bad there. As for the rock thats 80lbs. 50 added to my old 30, i can't afford the base rock after that little investment. will be working it up soon.

I'll try and downsize the pics then start a new thread maybe, i have a new little rig in there that i made, it has utility pump in the left tank that sucks water from the top level of the tank then forces it out of a pipe behind all the rock to increase the circulation through the rock, and to create more movemnet along the bottom to discourage algeae growth. Works pretty good so far!

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Thats pretty neat, sounds like a good way to remove more dead spots...something I am a huge advocate of.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store