My first Asian (green) Arowana

AmaroSwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Sweden
Hi guys, we managed to get some asian arowanas 2 sweden, i beleve this is the second shipment ever. Because of lack of money i tock a green, would prefer a RTG but that may just happen in the future :)

Anyways, i had a jardini before so i know the basics of keeping this fish, but i didn't do anything particular before i got the jardini. Now that this arowana is more expencive and special i hope 2 get some good information of what i do in preperations and important things i should think about when i have this fish in my tank.

it arrived to sweden yeterday and i will get it on monday so what im thinking is basicly 2 clean the tank and filterbox before it arrives 2 my place.

Food will mainly contain of fish, chrimp with pellets and worm as a bonus sometimes - good?

The temp in my tank is 27C - good?

Tankmates: 3 P.endlicheri 22-27cm, 1 delhezi 22cm, 1 black ghost 35-40cm 1 D.polota 14cm ( i downsized allot just 2 make more room for the arowana)

Tankvolume is good, filtration good.

Now i would really like the important information first, but also tips on what kind of light that makes their color better. More to the blue spectre and the red spectre is my guess ? i have place for 2 lights so one blueish and one redish ?

And how about its coloration? my friends green arowana has gold color on its mouth and on the fins (just the lines), is this common or just on some specimens?

Plz post pics on your green arowanas so i can get a picture of how mine can turn out in the future.

Here is some pics i just got of mine, its around 17cm and in very good shape:

DSC02847.JPG

DSC02848.JPG

DSC02849.JPG

DSC02850.JPG

DSC02851.JPG

DSC02852.JPG

DSC02853.JPG

mspeed3

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2011
philippines
as you said on your previous post you already had a jardini. there basically the same, you just think that it MAY be harder for you to take care of the fish because its more expensive.. arowanas are hardy fish.. just keep your water clean and feed it with variety of foods then enjoy!

AmaroSwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Sweden
mspeed3;4992360; said:
as you said on your previous post you already had a jardini. there basically the same, you just think that it MAY be harder for you to take care of the fish because its more expensive.. arowanas are hardy fish.. just keep your water clean and feed it with variety of foods then enjoy!
Good 2 know then i dont have 2 worry :)

but how about the best light spectre for this type of arowana to bring out the best of its colors? Any tips there? And other things u might recomend, special foods that makes the color better and so on :)

Would appreciate good recomendations and also comments on the pics, does it have potential, what do you guys think :)

AmaroSwe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2008
Sweden
Thx, well i dont know what its eating, its not at my place yet im getting it on monday. It came from the farm in singapore yesterday so i have no idea what the feed it with :)

We have been trying to get these 2 sweden for over 3 years and one of our friends managed at last. Hard fish to come over

Cheesetian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2010
Greens are the least colorful of all Asian Arowanas unless you're talking about a Nami Green which costs more than a XB, so i wouldn't worry about lighting. Normal lights will do cos' it isn't a SR or XB so you don't need to tan it. No matter how much you try, it's highly unlikely the color will intensify. Just give the fish lots of TLC, clean water and good food. It'll be a friend for life. Would love to see the fish in your tank soon! I'm guessing it's a Qian Hu Green. Greenies happen to be my favourite despite the availability of RTGs/SRs and XBs here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store