The biggest one I've ever had...

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Well here she is, the biggest I've ever had... my very first 125g!! Cycling ATM with nothing but the filter I had on my 55g just to get it started.. I will list the filteration and deco I'll be using as it cycles at the end. So along with the established media, I also used Seachem Stability and will be checking the perams in the am.. just because I'm curious.. Oh, and for ****s and giggles I added a handful of fishflakes, irrelavant? don't know, but I did it!;)

Just in case your curious about this product:
http://www.seachem.com/Products/product_pages/Stability.html
It was suggested by a member I trust, so I'm trying it..

Setup came with the following:
  • 125g tank - 72 x 18 x 22 - tank almost reaches up to my neck, WC's and cleaning are gonna be a 'B' for me.. as I already tried touching the bottom of the tank, and I was tippy toeing as high as I could, and barely was able to touch the bottom... no matter, I am super happy with it!:D
  • 2x Coralife 36" T5 (not HO) 6700K - Love it!
  • Tank stand
  • 3x Glass tops - glass tops are so much better imo, water doesn't evaporate as quickly.. very little.. from my observation..
All for $432 and some change, the setup had been $350 forever.. but of course the day I go get it the price goes up $50 bucks.. :irked: ..

Stocking will be mostly what I had in my 55g, had I known anything about fishkeeping when this setup (55g) was given to me.. I probably would have gone with a different stock.. but now, after all this time.. I will not give or sale them..

• 2x BP's << you all know I love these guys...
  • 1x Common plec
  • 1x Black spotted eel
That's it for now... although I want to add a catfish of some sort, idk what would do ok in the tank.. I don't want my eel eaten.. and he's (eel) not going to get very big..right now he's about a foot.

Near future additions equipment/deco:
  • Fluval FX5 - I can get one of these for about $230 on ebay, sound ok?
  • Heater - don't know what brand, never bought on for this size tank.
  • Aeration - something generic/cheap, as long as it works well.
  • Caribsea Super Naturals Black Tahitian Moon sand - Love this stuff...I plan on (6) 20lbs bags, I imagine I'll be cleaning this stuff for about 2-3 days.. :(
  • Manzanita - Manzman is the way to go, my first experience was great.. why change a good thing? Plus I love the way it looks..
  • Live plants at some point - somthing that will grow large, or whatever happens to catch my eye at the time..
I'm sure I missed some stuff, I'm forgetful.. but your comments and suggestions are very welcome.. Like I said, I've never has a tank this big..and truly will need the advice and guidance of you guys... :)
Just starting to fill her up...

Filling a large tank is nerve racking, just the thought of it coming apart bout drove me nuts... :screwy:

I love the color of this lighting.. it blinded me a little.. but still very nice..

I like that the lighting is very low profile.. it reminds me of what a pool looks like at night...

Just to give you a side view... :)

and just a little more side view....

White Moth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 31, 2010
Australia
This is my favourite sized tank. I had a 4 by 18 but always wished it was longer.

I just love how super stoked you are about it! Its definantly infectious.

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
rs30;4999215; said:
looks good going to be geting my first bigone soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks!! GL, with yours!

White Moth;4999216; said:
This is my favourite sized tank. I had a 4 by 18 but always wished it was longer.

I just love how super stoked you are about it! Its definantly infectious.
Thansk! I thinks it's pretty dang long... but of course when you get used to something... you always want to next biggest one... yes, very infectious.. !!

Addikted2Cichlids;4999222; said:
Nice tank, can't wait to see it filled.
I hope you don't mean with water!!! :D

Me too!! it's gonna look freaken awesome!!

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
HyPHyISM42o;4999614; said:
nice tank congrats on the upgrade
Thanks buddy, appreciate it!! Welcome to MFK!! :)

bomber

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
the Office living in the now...
Nice pick up.

Chefken

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 17, 2010
Harwinton CT
enjoy your first "big one"....I upgraded four months ago and am still loving it! Never look at a 55 gallon the same way again......Size matters!

fishmamma

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
bomber;4999638; said:
Nice pick up.
Thank you!

Chefken;4999648; said:
enjoy your first "big one"....I upgraded four months ago and am still loving it! Never look at a 55 gallon the same way again......Size matters!
Fo sho!! I can't stop staring at it even now.. and it only has water in it... :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store