Lightning Maroon Clownfish

Addikted2Cichlids

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 13, 2009
Northern Italy
If that's the going price for them I will definitely buy one. I would think they would cost more than the picasso or snowflake clowns. IMO they look beeter than both of them.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
+1 to that...where have you seen them for sale?

Last I saw a couple years ago there was one pair being given to a "trusted" breeder.

That was the last I had heard of it.

Greg31

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2009
Maryland
I am almost done setting up my first 20g tank and I must say that fish looks awesome. Definitely something I want to get in the future.

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Export on them has stopped since there are issues with the seasmart program and PNG. I wouldnt expect to be able to get your hands on one ever, if not at least for a while. The breeder you are referring to is Matt Pederson, and I dont think he has succesfully paired them yet.

Oh, and the first bids on these fish were flying all over the place, $2500 and up, which is another downer.

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Heathd;5002561; said:
Export on them has stopped since there are issues with the seasmart program and PNG. I wouldnt expect to be able to get your hands on one ever, if not at least for a while. The breeder you are referring to is Matt Pederson, and I dont think he has succesfully paired them yet.

Oh, and the first bids on these fish were flying all over the place, $2500 and up, which is another downer.
+1 here. I read about that on Bluezooaquatics.com, they handle the search for who would receive the clowns and didn't sell them to the highest bidder, but someone they felt would have the best chance at breeding them.

They were never being sold for 150-200.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
There are multiple ones now? Last I heard a breeder had one I think he paid like 6,000 for it cause that was the only one. I remember him trying to breed it with one he called the "morse code" maroon but that one grew some fungus and died.

Mavrick813

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2010
Hamilton, NJ
I am pretty sure I seen them here.

Absolutley Fish 1080 US Highway 46 Clifton, NJ 07013 (973) 365-0200
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Review: [/FONT]
This place is a Marine hobbyists wet dream. The selection of fish they have is rediculous. Everything is labeled and looking good. Lots of staff to help the overwhelming ammount of people in the store. I couldn't believe some of the prices on some fish, $219.00 - $410.00 for one fish. I was assured by another customer that the prices were because of the rarity. But because I don't know anything about Clown Fish I am going to have to keep my 2c out of this one. As for the FW stuff everyone here seems to be into; I felt that the store was lacking. That or all the better specimens had already been sold and I was looking at empty, to half empty tanks. Their product line was on point, and just like other stores they were sold out of Prime. One thing I would suggest if I worked their was that they move all the company vehicles. I counted 4 maybe 5 to the back of the lot, Or to the far end. Parking in this lot was tight and crowded. And I was certain someone was going to smash my car with their door when they parked next to me.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store