Gettin' Nagged For Not Posting Pics

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
Alot of folks are getting on my case for not posting enough pics. Since I just stepped out of the rain locker, I really don't feel like going back into the hatchery to take pics.

Instead, here are some pics of a pair of extinct Permian Period reptiles skulls (plus odd vertebrae, ribs, and leg bones) from predators called Captorhinus aguti. I call them reptiles and not dinosaurs because these little devils preceeded the dawn of the dinosaurs.
These 2 were excavated in the same matrix. However, it's unknown if they're a bonded pair or a parent and young individual. They hail from Oklahoma. But, that's not saying much since the Permain period was the era of the single supercontinent called Pangea.

BTW, the end of the Permain Period was the largest mass-extinction found (to date) with 95% of all species dying out before the start of the Mesozoic Era (Age of Dinosaurs).

Captorhinus aguti.jpg

Captorhinus aguti profile.jpg

Captorhinus aguti profile2.jpg

Captorhinus aguti top.jpg

Captorhinus aguti underside.jpg

cburkhart78

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 8, 2005
Texas oilfield
I'd hate to run into one of those guys.Pretty strange how the skulls are positioned.I've seen you mention your fossil collection several times.You should do an article or something showing some more.Do you have any marine fossils(fish or reptile)?

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I have ~3.5 tons of dinosaur bone and ~1.5 tons of fossil fish. I have other assorted fossils (mostly marine) but, no idea of how many.
I'll try to post a bunch of the fossil fish this week.

Aussienative

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
Australia
Oddball;528060; said:
I have ~3.5 tons of dinosaur bone and ~1.5 tons of fossil fish. I have other assorted fossils (mostly marine) but, no idea of how many.
:WHOA: You buy these?

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
Oddball;528060; said:
Wow... simply... wow.

We're not worthy!

It would be great to see an article of many of your choice fossil fish, and marine fossils. Of course the dinosaur bone would be cool too!

moxxommox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 15, 2006
Australia, Sydney
sheesh odd, you are one big nerd!

that looks so cool though, very impressed!!!

got any "show" pieces that you have on display at Casa De Oddball?

:nilly:

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
I have bought a few pieces but, most of my collection was field-collected on more digs than I could possibly count.

I don't have any of my pieces displayed, yet. I told myself that the hatchery construction comes first. My partners backed out of the hatchery (didn't want to relocate to MS) so, I've been doing all the construction myself. It's taking longer since I have to do all the work myself and with only my money.

Oddball

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Apr 27, 2005
Bama
moxxommox;528164; said:
sheesh odd, you are one big nerd!
:nilly:

I get that from my family/friends all the time. They want to know how I became such a science geek after playing Jr varsity and varsity football (NOT soccer). I was working excavation grid lines the same time I was playing defensive line.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store