Common Snapper x Alligator Snapping Turtle??

Joe M

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 6, 2010
North East
Unfortunately its impossible as far as I know.

It would be pretty cool though.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
cause they said in thailand they made one. If you could breed a snapper and snapper why not alligtor x snapper. am mostly talking about the agression issue.

redtailcatfreak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
Where the gators are
I wonder what the temperment would be on that thimg. lol. Because if u had one that got the size of a full grown alligator with the temp. and reach of a common that would be a very dangerous combo.

Just like the polar grizzllies.. The size of a polar bear with the temperment of a grizzly. Bad mix IMO haha

Tramonte172

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2010
My fish room
I would worry about the common snapper getting jacked up. An adult alligator snapper is going to be so much larger. The common snapper would likely see it as more of a threat than a mate.

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
what if the common was female and alligator was male so the common would be bigger? (or vice versa). how big of an enclousre? i could temp move my fish out of the 2,000g

Gene0514

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 3, 2008
Staten Island, NY
would be cool
don't forget hybrid vigor though
Might end up being bigger than an alligator snapper

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
that'd be awesome if it did become bigger then an alligator. i would sell of all but a few for my self. I have to wait till my 4" common gets big enough to sex so ill wait a couple years... but i would like to get alot of info before i do it.

SimonL

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2005
Ontario, Canada
You end up with this!

ooze11.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store