Dominant Genes, Male or Female?

Was curious as to whether when breeding if the male or female has dominant genes. I have heard but never read that the male does.
    So figured I would put this out there to those who have bred their rays, if they have observed if pups tended to take after the male
    or female traits.
    Sometimes in our confusion, we see not the world as it is, but the world through eyes blurred by the mind.

Usergroup
    MFK members
    it doesn't quite work like that.
    At its simplest, a gene for any given characteristic has a 1 in 4 chance of expressing itself.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance
    Last edited by DavidW; 04-09-2011 at 11:24 AM.
    meh!

Usergroup
    MFK members
    Last Activity
    05-17-2012 4:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowStryder;5035251;
    Was curious as to whether when breeding if the male or female has dominant genes. I have heard but never read that the male does.
    So figured I would put this out there to those who have bred their rays, if they have observed if pups tended to take after the male
    or female traits.
    Hi i have bred motoro ,s leopoldi and crossed the 2 all my pups have looked more like there mother in all 3 cases but wouldnt take that as being right in all cases

Quote Originally Posted by DavidW;5035273;
    it doesn't quite work like that.
    At its simplest, a gene for any given characteristic has a 1 in 4 chance of expressing itself.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mendelian_inheritance
    Thanks for the link DW.
    Sometimes in our confusion, we see not the world as it is, but the world through eyes blurred by the mind.