JBJ true temp owners and fluval heaters suck

mrcloudz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
I have a question for true temp owners. Do the magnets have a felt coating on them to prevent scratching the aquarium?

Here's my ran't for anyone that searches for fluval heaters... I purchased 4 300w fluval M series heaters (3 from ebay one from foster). None of them could get a tank over 81F in a 78F room... I returned the one to foster and took the hit on the ones from ebay. I plan to return them to hagen but I already replaced them with new ebo's. The new ebo's all worked perfect with slight calibration, a feature fluval M's DON'T have. The tanks are only 29-55 so I used 200w ebo's in the 29's and 300w in the 55's and I can get to 85F solid and open the window to drop the room down to 70F...

The 800w:D jbj is replacing a 300w:( fluval E heater on my 125g. What a waste of money. Always in blue mode and doesn't really use much of it's 300watts. Even in blue mode it on cycle is way shorter then it's off cycle. No way I'm keeping my room 81F just to keep this thing green. Even at 81F room temp it only keeps the tank @ 84.5 when set to 86F. My discus are coming friday so if the JBJ doesn't come before then I'm grabbing a 300w ebo from a unstocked tank. I just pray this jbj is worth it.

bassguy

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 10, 2010
Limbo
I have a tru temp 800w and it's the best heater I've ever owned. I've had bad luck with the Fluvals keeping up to temp too.

mrcloudz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2011
NYC
Thanks for the reply. I searched "jbj true temp warranty" last night and found a few really bad posts about the jbj on reef forums... It looks like the warranty is only 6 months and the temp sensors only last about that long. I'm kinda scared to open the box now (if I send it back I only lose shipping). I called the people over at jehmco about their 1000w titanium / ECT controller combo and their warranty is only 6 months also but I can only find one horror story about the ECT controller. I'm leaning toward a ect/ebo combo...How long have you had yours?

Gruntking

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2011
Miami
Well I have a 200 w fluval m on a 46 gallon tank and it maintains my temp at 86 even when my house temp is at 70..

rayguy84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2013
pennsylvania
I have 3 fluval e series 2 in my 125 and one in my 55 both tanks have been 81.1 for 2 years now so I cant complain there.......for my new 375 I bought the jbj 1000w kit im anxious to see how well it works and holds up I've heard alot of reviews on both sides of the fence........I do like the plastic coverd magnets tho for mounting

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store