Silver dollar with white patch,,ID pls

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
Hi all, i have 3 silver dollars with one which has a a white oatch on its side, the whte does stnd off from the bit body like cotton wool. The fish is as normal and feeding and swimming fine, n o other fish have any signs of it yet either.

I have got a pic of it, if you need a clearer pic i will try and get one, the batterys are being charged up at the minute.

celts88

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2011
Derry,New Hampshire
Not to sure what it is either but my brown knife had it to and he was swimming and eating normal. When i looked in the tank this morning he was dead :( hopefully someone is able to help you quickly

DustyBZoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2010
Southern Indiana
I had silver dollars that had the exact same thing, not to worry......much. I realized that it was from injury. They spook sometimes and run into things. I actually witness this happen once and sure enough by the next day my silver dollar had the white patch.
I would advise you treat for secondary infection, personally I used pima fix and mela fix together.
It will go away it just takes time.

BTW your silver dollars look almost identical to my trio I had! Good Luck!

waynes world

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 12, 2010
North Manchester UK
I was thinking that they were from fighting or damage from darting, but then i thougt no.
Well it is nearly cleard up now on its own, i think i will add some salt to help a little more, dont like to add anything else as they are in with stingrays aswell so dont like to mess with the water with meds to much.

thanks

wayne

DustyBZoo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 18, 2010
Southern Indiana
Good call, I wouldn't do meds with rays either.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store