Hystrix are Here!

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
Finally got my order or 3 Hystrix rays. Heres the story..

I was supposed to get the package on a Wednesday, however they were delayed due to thunderstorms and tornadoes in Kentucky and/or Tennessee. I got the packages the following day on Thursday at 9am. I work crazy hours starting at 1:30 am. My job said I could not leave to get the packages that were arriving at 9am, I said I will quit and left. (still have my job, so far) My FedEx package had 2 females and they were extremely cold, but Survived!!:headbang2 However my UPS shipment was not as lucky. The male which was stunning was DOA...I was and am still heart broken. I got a refund, but now I cant find a male...Any help on acquiring one would be greatly appreciated. (Fishdog):D (Aquascape) :D

doa ray bag.jpg

doa ray.jpg

hystrix.jpg

hystrix2.jpg

hystrix pair.jpg

lady hystrix'.jpg

heaven ray.jpg

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Nice looking girls! Bummer about the male.

J.Lake

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
too bad about the dude! Im sure u will find a male.

yodaLBC

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2010
Philippines
nice hystrixs sorry about the male!

spotfin

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2006
Maine
Why were the females sent FedEx, while the male was sent UPS?

AquataHolic420

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2006
Neeeew Hampshaaa
oTo;5095407; said:
Is that an uncovered heater in the sixth picture?
sure is... I usually keep my heaters horizontal at the very top of the tank near the water line, however my water temp was lower than I anticipated it would be, s0 i had 4 heaters in the tank to raise the temp back to atleast 86+
vamptrev;5096576; said:
not sure why this is closed already but u could try to get a hold of him. (i dont know him personally)
thanks for the input, i really appreciate it. however that big boy is huge and i need a lil pup, dont expect my rays will be ready to breed until 2012 at least
http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=406649&highlight=male+hystrix
spotfin;5096801; said:
Why were the females sent FedEx, while the male was sent UPS?
1 seller, rays came from 2 locations. im shocked 2 of the rays even sirvived the water i got them shipped in, was about 70 degrees

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store