What type of non living foods do you feed your thin bar datnoid?

Asian_Redtail_Catfish

Feeder Fish
Jun 21, 2006
United States
I bought 8 thin bar datnoids..They dont seem to be going for the freeze dried shrimp or the carnivore sinking sticks I feed them...In the past, I had the indo datnoid and the silver datnoid; these two would eat the food I mentioned but the thin bar datnoid is not going for it..What non living foods do you feed your thin bar datnoid and what brand? Thanks for your reply..

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
I cant get mine to eat pellets, I fed them live shrimp and slowly started introducing freeze dried krill, and after a couple of weeks they are mainly on freeze dried krill. I still give them blood worms, live shrimp, and whatever other interesting stuff I find in stores.

Asian_Redtail_Catfish

Feeder Fish
Jun 21, 2006
United States
Vitaliy;535017; said:
I cant get mine to eat pellets, I fed them live shrimp and slowly started introducing freeze dried krill, and after a couple of weeks they are mainly on freeze dried krill. I still give them blood worms, live shrimp, and whatever other interesting stuff I find in stores.
Thanks, does your freeze dried krill sink to the bottom? I have them, but they dont sink to the bottom, maybe that is the problem?

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
Asian_Redtail_Catfish;535024; said:
Thanks, does your freeze dried krill sink to the bottom? I have them, but they dont sink to the bottom, maybe that is the problem?
They dont sink, I actually got lucky with overly hungry Dat who started to swim in the open to the top to grab the krill and everyone started to follow him! Try buying frozen shrimp, soaking them a little and they will sink.

vanimate

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2005
Chicago ŅŞ
Like vitality said, try thawing frozen shrimp, cut it up and throw it in. Eventually FD krill will get soaked through and sink, but if theres other fish in there, they would eat it before that happens.

Good luck with these guys ;)

LiuHsi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Earth
my thin bar was 4" when i got him, only eats feeder, but i starve him about 2 weeks, and he gave in and start eating market shrimp.

MANGCH1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2005
???
mine loves sallys krill =)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store