...and speaking of strangely-patterned gars...

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
What a Beauty! hope it was released. nm, saw it was bowed... hopefully they ate it.

brich999

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2010
New Hampshire
wow ummm that would look good in my tank, think he would fit in a 500g? lol jk dont flame

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
nice, we got all kinds of crazy things like that. i just can't seem to find anyone in the know as to were to find good numbers of gars around here. everyone says, "a few years ago i was on the crouix by blank city and saw so many gars" or "i was on the mississippi in st paul and i saw tons of gars". then i get the "i can't remember exactly were i was, but it was neer there". it just keeps going round and round. i'll be puting many hours in looking for gars this year cause this is to much.

Spiritofthesoul

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Singapore
Awesome long nose!

Lolster

Exodon
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2011
SINGAPORE
that a really nice looking gar! so hard to find decent sized ones nowadays in the wild due to overfishing

E_americanus

Penguin Lover
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2004
Louisiana
primitivefishes.com
Lolster;5102806; said:
that a really nice looking gar! so hard to find decent sized ones nowadays in the wild due to overfishing
maybe with gator gars, but definitely not an issue with longnose gars...go to the right places at the right times and they can be everywhere. they are the most prolific species and not terribly hard to come by.

a LNG that looks like the one in the photograph, however, now THAT is much less common--
--solomon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store