Eheim 2075 Leaking.....

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
So my Eheim 2075 was running fine till i cleaned out the filter. Woke up the next moring to see a huge drop in water level in my tank. Sure enough there was a huge puddle of water around the filter.

At first i thought it was because i didnt close the top properly. Made sure it was closed tighter and ran it again and still leaked. I tried adding plumbers silicone grease to the seal of the lid and same thing. I dont know what else to do.

Another thing i noticed is after closing off the valves and removing the hose, everytime i remove the top of the filter, it is filled with water and it comes pouring out. Is that normal?

I havent opened up the head of the 2075 yet. I also have a Eheim 2028 and getting to the O ring is pretty easy. With the 2075 it looks pretty complicated to take it apart and didnt want to risk it just yet.

Anyways, if any other Eheim 2075 users have this problem and have any advice please let me know. Trying to figure out what to do next. Thanks in advance.

[YT]8Rz11WA-kag[/YT]

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Sorry I forgot to respond to your PM earlier today. I was going to suggest you post in this forum for help with this filter.

For anyone else wishing to help, his filter was purchased USED from Ebay, so this is not a brand new filter. I've tried troubleshooting his problems using PM's but I don't have this particular model.

He also has the manual from Eheims' website and we've been using it to help pinpoint what the problem could be besides the obvious fixes.

rudy1964

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
ontario canada
Apparently there is a problem with these models (2071/2073/2075), I have one and started to developed a leak too, I've read a few forums about this problem an Eheim knows about it.
I took it apart and everything looks fine like new, before I put it back; silicone all the o'rings and inside the rubber priming, I replace the six point screws for star screws.
I want to see if the leak still there, so I did not put the cover; everything else its in place before I plug it.
The leak still there, comes from the priming took it apart again replace the 4 screws for the priming also, more silicone and back again, this time the leak its gone.
If in the future the leak comes back i will plug the two small holes inside the priming rubber and seal the primer for life, it has no use.
I don't think i will buy another pro3, the classics are the best.

ntboy09

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2009
whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
i have the same problems with my 2078 and 2080, its normal, everytime they leak i just dump all of the water out of the canister and reconnect it again, work for me all the time.

man, these filters sure are good but i rather go with fx5. I regret switching to eheim, they are just too complicated.

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
ntboy09;5115172; said:
i have the same problems with my 2078 and 2080, its normal, everytime they leak i just dump all of the water out of the canister and reconnect it again, work for me all the time.

man, these filters sure are good but i rather go with fx5. I regret switching to eheim, they are just too complicated.
What do you mean dump out all of the water and reconnect it again. What are you reconnecting? I dont think you are having the same problem. Where is your leak comming from?

rudy1964

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 5, 2009
ontario canada
rudy1964;5113809; said:
Apparently there is a problem with these models (2071/2073/2075), I have one and started to developed a leak too, I've read a few forums about this problem an Eheim knows about it.
I took it apart and everything looks fine like new, before I put it back; silicone all the o'rings and inside the rubber priming, I replace the six point screws for star screws.
I want to see if the leak still there, so I did not put the cover; everything else its in place before I plug it.
The leak still there, comes from the priming took it apart again replace the 4 screws for the priming also, more silicone and back again, this time the leak its gone.
If in the future the leak comes back i will plug the two small holes inside the priming rubber and seal the primer for life, it has no use.
I don't think i will buy another pro3, the classics are the best.
Here its an updated on the leaking eheim pro3 2075. The leak comes from under the priming rubber seal, you can see it by taking the cover off and run it, make sure you put in place the hoses and don't move the filter at this point, hoses will come loose (picture one). I used a small screw driver to take the six point screws from the cover, I said this because the position of two screws its very hard to get them out if you don't have the right tool, eheim its making thing very complicated now.

Next take the priming seal out, 4 six point screws easy to get them out, hold the housing to avoid sudden detach from motor, two o"ring on the mount of the motor, make sure they are clean and no cracks, lubricate them, clean the primer seal lubricate it also.
Put it back in the same order, before you screw the priming housing make sure its snug nice and tight.
Finally i replaced the silly screw eheim put on the filter, for more easy to work, they have to be the same diameter and tread, otherwise it will crack the holes.

IMG_5546 - Copy - Copy.JPG

IMG_5548 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5550 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5551.JPG

IMG_5552 - Copy.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

revival

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 14, 2010
In a dream
Thank you very much for the help and the pics! These are the most helpful pics for the 2075 on the net! I think its funny that they made the eheim model that leaks the most, the most complicated to take apart...go figure

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Excellent photos and explanations Rudy. These will be very helpful for troubleshooting.

Chad, it was only a matter of time until someone was able to give you the info you needed.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store