2400 Gallon Pond / Tank Build Pictures

Kaya

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2009
Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
Hey People.. I've been running this thread on the Arowana Forum.. The build is almost complete.. thought i'd just post the build pictures with the basic details here.. thanks for watching.. :)

The total tank volume will be around 2400+ gallons (tank + sump). The dimensions of the tank are 10'X7.5'X4' and the sump is 10'X2'X4'. A part of the tank will remain underground.. about 1.5'. I actually wanted to raise the tank above the ground but then thinking about costs involved,decided to go with the cheaper alternative. The other reason I opted to keep part of it in is because of the water temperature. I've always found the ponds in my house a lot warmer(though there are no heaters in there) than the glass tanks after a major rain or a cold night. And being in the subtropics / tropical climate there wont be major external heating for the tank.. though i plan to put in a chain of five 500 or 300 watt heaters.

The design part of it is primarily from David's Red Arowana Pondarium. The thread is http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/fo...d.php?t=325084 . David has been extremely helpful in answering queries and clearing my doubts on his build. Thanks Bro.

In david's thread the sump serves for filtration. I'm still working on this. Because I dont have a major diy experience, at the moment I'm planning to stow all motors, filters, heaters etc into the sump. Filtration at the moment will be through 2 Boyu Gardening Bio Filters fed by 2 Pond pumps delivering 14000 L/h to each canister.

The tank will house my 4 silver Arowanas, 1 RTC, 2 Red Belly Pacu, 4 Oscars and 6 Plecos. I've got some 15 Silver Dollars, A Jaguar Cichlid, 3 Red Devils and some 6 Green Terrors all growing out.. and probably when they get big enough will be moving them in here.

The main aim of this build is to give these fish the space they need (I still think this is a not enough but it is better than cramming them in a 120G) but again with a budget. Aesthetics is out of the window and pure functionality is what this tank will be.

The Pit - 11.5' X 11.5'

Sand & Stone

Concrete laid in..

Chaz88

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2010
Iowa
Looking forward to pictures of it with fish in it. :popcorn:

Kaya

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2009
Madurai, Tamilnadu, India
Plumbing.. motors in sump..

From pumps to filters..

Filters to the main tank..

The hole patched up..

Drain valve..

Thats the progress till now.. got some electrical, minor carpentry and the paint coats to go.. will update as its done.. cheers..

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store