What kinda Veggies do i feed my oscar and green terror

GooDyboy420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2006
Wisconsin
www.myspace.com
do must fish eat veggies, i have seen oranges in fish tanks. Also another question i have is what kinda frozen fresh...im lost but i woudl think it is good for there diet.

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
GooDyboy420;536102; said:
do must fish eat veggies, i have seen oranges in fish tanks. Also another question i have is what kinda frozen fresh...im lost but i woudl think it is good for there diet.
Some fish are active predators, but you are correct that Oscars need veggies. They are omnivores. I believe that Green Terrors need the same diet as Oscars

I feed mine peas, carrots, spinach, and pretty much anything they'll eat.
(i buy frozen peas, then thaw and de-shell them first)

I make a recipe of different ingredients which makes it easier to get them to eat the different veggies.

One veggie that you shouldnt feed is corn, but many others are fine.

They also seem to really enjoy spirulina pellets or wafers. Mine love the Spirulina/veggie wafers by Omega One. He goes bonkers over those.
Spirulina also helps bring out blue and green coloration.

stotty

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 12, 2005
essex uk
Die Fledermaus is spot on Many of our fish require at least a part vegetable diet. I have been told fish do better with the addition of fresh cooked high fibre vegetables which benefit their whole digestive system. things i have fed my fish in the past are,

lettuce, Zucchini( i think thats what you call them its a baby marrow to me), Broccoli,peas

The only down side is it can turn the water green if over fed and snails love them so you can end up with a huge snail population

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I agree, Green Beans, peas, Zuchinni, Cucumber, Grapes, Cranberries, Banana

GooDyboy420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 4, 2006
Wisconsin
www.myspace.com
Waffers, what kind, just ask at the LFS, whats bad about corn, so really if its green its fine.

Ang

I should be a Hookworm
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2005
San Diego
Corn is difficult for fish to digest. Really, its difficult for many animals to digest except livestock of course.
(kind of like after you eat corn.... you know....it doenst really get digested..:yuck: .)

Its still a wonder to me why they add corn meal to fish food. :irked:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store