Girlfriend wants a fish in my tank... any recommendations?

Carefree_Dude

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2011
Portland, OR
she said she wants a unique fish in my big tank that is hers... and giving her one i already have wont cut it. I know my tank is overstocked as it is, but any recommendations for one more? preferably a fish with "personality".

Current stock is as follows:

(perm stock)
EBJD
Red severum
gold severum
green severum (might be a turquoise)
Blood parrot x3
ornate bichir x2
bristlenose pleco x2
Bala shark
4 line pictus
featherfin syno catfish
jade goby

(temp stock)
shubunkin goldfish (will be gone in 2 weeks)
kissing gourami x2
cigar shark x3
moonlight gourami

(currently in growout in another tank)
black ghost knife
fire eel
bala shark x3

any suggestions?

redtailcatfreak

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2011
Where the gators are
Dude a RTC would be perfect for that tank. Then after awhile you wont have to worry about the overstocking. Hahaha JK

How about a royal pleco?

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
Carefree, youre a good guy but you have to understand that this isnt about fish, this is about control in a relationship. You have to stand your ground. You kindly offered her to adopt one of the many fish in your overstocked tank. Her refusal and demand for a new fish is a line you dont want crossed because she will see you as easily manipulated.

You have to be firm. Tell her one time that there is no room for another fish and that if she doesnt want one thats already in there then she just wont have one. Then walk away and ignore anything she says about it.

bencansdale

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2011
buffalo
www.facebook.com
Oscarum monstruoso;5123936; said:
Carefree, youre a good guy but you have to understand that this isnt about fish, this is about control in a relationship. You have to stand your ground. You kindly offered her to adopt one of the many fish in your overstocked tank. Her refusal and demand for a new fish is a line you dont want crossed because she will see you as easily manipulated.

You have to be firm. Tell her one time that there is no room for another fish and that if she doesnt want one thats already in there then she just wont have one. Then walk away and ignore anything she says about it.
lol, epic.

Aqualoon

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2009
Minnesota
Oscarum monstruoso;5123936; said:

Yeah, but I'm thinking he wants to keep dating her? Amirite?

Anyways, what about something along the lines of a red tail shark, firemouth, aureus, or HRP?

Oscarum monstruoso

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 3, 2010
Aqualoon;5123951; said:
Yeah, but I'm thinking he wants to keep dating her? Amirite?
She wont break up with him, she will realize he has a spine and she will respect him more and treat him better. Besides if she leaves him because he wont be her doormat he is better off.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store