7'x12' 1400 Gallon Plywood Stingray Pond

JohnG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Moses Lake, WA
Started building a new pond for my leos and henleis today. This one is going to be a bit over 7 feet wide and 12 feet long, with windows on 3 sides. With about 30" of water it should come out to around 1400 Gallons. This one is being built using the same construction methods as my 2500G Pond. So far I have done the floor frame and laid down the 2x4s over it. Tomorrow I start stacking 2x4s for the walls.

As far as sealing this one I am planning on a couple coats of fiberglass resin sealed with a couple coats of Pond Shield. Going to be a 6' window on each of the 12' sides and a 4' window on one of the 7' sides. Windows will be put in with Dow 795.

DSC08203.JPG

DSC08207.JPG

DSC08211.JPG

DSC08213.JPG

DSC08216.JPG

DSC08219.JPG

DSC08224.JPG

DSC08227.JPG

DSC08231.JPG

DSC08235.JPG

Inglorious

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2010
Stuck inside my own head
In my expert opinion you can't handle another tank, so in order to build the new one you must move your current tank to my place of residence immediatly. That is all, thank you.

andyroo

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
MoBay, Jamaica
www.seascapecarib.com
have you actually got a commercial trash-skip in the corner of your basement?
Ah, to be a single man again...
:)
Last week I dumped 2yrs worth of brilliant red-wriggler (earthworm) culture because they were deemed too "yucky" for our apartment, while the (her &#@!) cats crap in the potted palm... WTF !!!!!
A

Egon

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 4, 2007
Tempe AZ
andyroo;5125124; said:
Last week I dumped 2yrs worth of brilliant red-wriggler (earthworm) culture because they were deemed too "yucky" for our apartment, while the (her &#@!) cats crap in the potted palm... WTF !!!!!
A
LOL My wife's cats will actually crap next to the potted plant then reach in and pull out the dirt and cover the crap :irked:

No more plants in the house, I have a different idea. :naughty:

JohnG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Moses Lake, WA
andyroo;5125124; said:
Its a good life, its in my garage actually but yeah thats a commercial dumpster in the corner. I got tired of dealing with trash cans that are never big enough long ago.

Inglorious;5125060; said:
In my expert opinion you can't handle another tank, so in order to build the new one you must move your current tank to my place of residence immediatly. That is all, thank you.
:ROFL: I wouldn't get my hopes up.

drivslo;5124932; said:
thumbs up mate your crazy id hate to see your power bill
Thankfully we have cheap hydro electric power here, otherwise it would be insane.

BadOleRoss

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 28, 2009
Virginia
Stacking 2x4s to build your walls seems a bit expensive and IMO is overkill. With the tank being only 30" deep I think you could build walls like you would in a house, heck even double up on the 2x4 studs and make them 12" OC instead of the normal 16 and still use a lot less wood. Once the walls are completed, line them with plywood. Either way, good luck!

JohnG

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2010
Moses Lake, WA
BadOleRoss;5126448; said:
Stacking 2x4s to build your walls seems a bit expensive and IMO is overkill. With the tank being only 30" deep I think you could build walls like you would in a house, heck even double up on the 2x4 studs and make them 12" OC instead of the normal 16 and still use a lot less wood. Once the walls are completed, line them with plywood. Either way, good luck!
Yeah I probably could, but i built the last one like this and didn't have any problems so I don't really want to start changing the design.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store