Arapaima

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Hey guys, we are opening up the worm can.

Some rules off the bat. I work for a professional university fish collection, and these fish are for research purposes, and we already have the means to keep them.

This has been researched for mulitple years. I will not field, or answer questions in regards to the care of the fish, unless I promt them.

For now this thread is simply about finding one, and getting it to wisconsin. We would potentially be interested in as many as three as long as the price was right.

This is a chance for any of the vendors on here to get some of my money if they have a fish!

Thanks

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
FLESHY;5133096; said:
Hey guys, we are opening up the worm can.

Some rules off the bat I will not field, or answer questions in regards to the care of the fish, unless I promt them.
^ I like this.:ROFL:....TUC and Sharkaquarium have or had them and nicely priced,check them out.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
Thanks, I will inquire. Anyone else?

In regards to what it says, I probably know more about the care and biology of this fish than 90% of the people that own one.

This fish is going to live in enclosures that are larger than it will ever need.

mshill90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2009
Mechanicsburg, PA
Yeah, Shark Aquarium just had them on sale for $100 @ 6"

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
I checked their website, and it looks as if that isnt going on anymore...but I sent him an email anyways.

Thanks!

NormDawg

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2011
Wisconsin
Once you guys get them. Will this be open if anyone would want to visit to see these fish in person? I live in central WI and would love to see one.

Good luck in your search!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
FLESHY;5133837; said:
I checked their website, and it looks as if that isnt going on anymore...but I sent him an email anyways.

Thanks!
It's good you sent the email,they don't keep the most updated stock list on their site.

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
shark aquarium has them, as well as aquascape. I believe they are in season right now, so shouldn't be too hard to find.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
NormDawg;5134161; said:
Once you guys get them. Will this be open if anyone would want to visit to see these fish in person? I live in central WI and would love to see one.

Good luck in your search!
This is a project that will be run at my house...if you wanted to swing by and see the fish that would be fine!

I have some other stuff that is mildly interesting as well. Feel free to PM me so we can talk more.

krichardson;5134824; said:
It's good you sent the email,they don't keep the most updated stock list on their site.
Lets put it this way, there is no way I am paying over $200 for one of these shipped. Or even $200. I know that I can get small ones shipped to my door for under $150...but we will see who wins the bidding war.

LBathory;5135250; said:
shark aquarium has them, as well as aquascape. I believe they are in season right now, so shouldn't be too hard to find.
Agreed...I have contacted both as of now...there are a couple west coast people working on this for me as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store