mos90's 125 reef build.

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
as of 2 nights ago i started assembling components for my 125. i had a few issues but i think i can get around them.

the protien skimmer is a little high for my stand 26 1/2" my stand is only 27 1/2" . all i need to do to remove the collection cup is slide the skimmer off the stand. but it has a drain so i would only have to clean it every so often. i had to move my apex outlets to the back corners of stand because of the size of the sump. other then that i dont see any problems.yet

list of equipment
1) trigger 36 sump
2) lifereef s2-24 skimmer
3) nextreef bio-pellet reactor
4) neptune apex controller
5) ato system controlled by apex -kalk most likely or if needed
6) 25w aquauv sterilizer (emergency only)
7) life reef calcium reactor -ph controlled by apex
8) brs gfo and carbon reactor
9) 2-36" odyessa light fixtures - each fixture had 1-250w phoenix 14k and 4-39w dual actinics
10) mag 18 return pump split to 2 returns . 1 side controls flow to uv then returns to the tank.
11) eshopps 1200gph overflow
12) custom returns from great lakes aquariums.

might of forgot a few things.

all i have left to do is organize wiring, hang lights, mount 1 more apex outlet, program apex unit, get an ato container, calibrate ph probes and maybe a few other small thing.

as far as stock. i havent decided yet. i might add a few corals and fish from my 28 nano to lighten the load on that tank.

i think fleshy will be happy now that im not posting on his thread.;)

here are some pictures. i will add more as i go.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

15.jpg

nonstophoops

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 4, 2009
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
I gotta say that when you do something you do it right. That is one sweet setup.

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
nonstophoops;5144984; said:
I gotta say that when you do something you do it right. That is one sweet setup.
Haha right? My brother sometimes is like "Jeez..what is this guy gunna get next." :grinno:

Heathd

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 9, 2010
Dallas, Texas
Finally.

Looking good, will be enjoying the build

mos90

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 20, 2009
rome,ny
thanks guys.

the tank is on. plumbing is all done. i think all i have to do is hang the lights,mount the vortech and other powerheads and program the apex. i will tell u that apex is slightly complicated. i cant get the iphone app to work yet or the remote internet(so i can monitor from work) . but i did get the home internet connection to work.

i need to pick up a large salt mixing bin and a top container.

i decided to not use the uv sterilizer for now. really if i use it i should have it on a seperate pump, not the return pump. im thinking the uv doesnt combine well with the bio-pellets or a fuge.

asing

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2011
New Hampshire
you could tee it off the return if its powerful enough. But lookin good so far. keep the pics comin as you proggress

FLESHY

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2006
Central Wisconsin
It will definitely kill bugs coming through it...

I might run it on my inflow, especially if you plan on running a filter sock...stuff will be stuck/dying there anyways, so you might as well have the extra sanitation.

I think that running an outflow (from sump) uv sterilzer might be beneficial with carbon dosing because then you will get those bacteria into your skimmer sooner hopefully.

Who knows...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store