Blind ngt dat for $70?

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
So there is a ngt that is about 10 inches for sale. One eye is completely blind and the other is cloudy. It's original price is $300 but they are willing to give me the ngt for $70. I was planing on picking it up tomorrow but I want your guys opinion. It looks like I can treat and save one of it's eyes. Will he eventually die from starvation? Do you guys think if he goes completely blind will I be able to hand feed him? Last question, is he worth buying and treating?

pbass510

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2010
Bay Area
thats like buying a blind fish idk depends on how bad the last eye remaining is? if its able yo eat then i would buy it being in your shoes

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah,depends on how cloudy the other eye is as it might be too far gone to save at this point...You will have to see it for yourself of course and then decide how badly the cloudyness is....Question,when did the seller decide to lower the price,before or after the fish went blind in it's eye?

studd muffin

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2009
'MERICA
The price dropped when they noticed one eye going bad. I saw the dat in person today.

rgonzales

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2009
where i dont wanna be
I have a blind 6 inch indo, he is more stable than the rest and has no problem finding food even if its at the other end of the tank, he was also the first off feeders and the first to eat pellets. I say go for it

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
With proper care (pristine water and salt) the cloudiness will most likely heal (if the eyeball is not physically damaged). Even if totally blind, the fish will not starve as long as it doesn't have strong competitors. IMO go for it.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Fish use smell more than sight so you should be fine. Also with the eye clouding the earlier you get him the better

Ade

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2008
London
I would never buy a damaged fish, no matter the price. That fact that its blind , is enough for me to walk away. It can still be a healthy fish however.
But each to there own.

peewee

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 24, 2009
Behind you
it's stable as it sees nothing. mind you, dats depend highly on sight so u might wanna consider that factor. it's pretty much buying a dying fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store