new to stingray!

manoj2103

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
thane
hey ppl yesterday i got my motoro's male n female!
tank size 48*24*24..is dis fine??
and wat all things shuld i keep in mind frm nw on?
any tips on keeping rays are welcomed!
also wuld lyk to knw der age and growth rate.,,.rite now the size is roughly 3 inch diameter!!

muffywrx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2011
lincoln, NE
Bigger tank x2.... Need at least 3 foot wide and then be prepared bc they might get very large and you may need bigger in the future. As stated, you have time to acquire the new tank.

ajsmith235

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2010
Southern Indiana
LMAO.... that 4x2x2 is the same as mine.....!!! Well my sump filter that is lol. u need a much bigger tank with a footprint of atleast 30". do 2 waterchanges a week atleast!

Tor-Eriik

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 3, 2010
Norway
I think its weird how a 3 inchers need a 3 feet tank? Why would it need that? Djisus..Offcourse he would need bigger in the future, but as JohnG says, this could last a some months, even half a year.. A good pinnpoint(for me atleast) is to have the tank as the ray x2 minimum. I 5 rays in a 180 gallon for 1 year, feed well, grew well. But offcourse, as they got bigger i changed, now they go in a 550 gallon indoor pond.. And as far as filtration, overkill is always better, but hey, you cant get the nitrate and ammonia below zero?

Welcome to the club manoj! You will enjoy them, read all the stickys, they would help you out ALOT! And save you from being the one who asks all the silly questions. There is alot of answeres in there! The only mistake you did by so far, is that you didnt get enough info before you purchased(Reading you questions). Always research, then buy :)Good luck with your raying! And btw, its highly addictive!:)

scott s

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
Indiana
I think its weird how a 3 inchers need a 3 feet tank? Why would it need that? Djisus..Offcourse he would need bigger in the future, but as JohnG says, this could last a some months, even half a year.. A good pinnpoint(for me atleast) is to have the tank as the ray x2 minimum. I 5 rays in a 180 gallon for 1 year, feed well, grew well. But offcourse, as they got bigger i changed, now they go in a 550 gallon indoor pond.. And as far as filtration, overkill is always better, but hey, you cant get the nitrate and ammonia below zero?

Welcome to the club manoj! You will enjoy them, read all the stickys, they would help you out ALOT! And save you from being the one who asks all the silly questions. There is alot of answeres in there! The only mistake you did by so far, is that you didnt get enough info before you purchased(Reading you questions). Always research, then buy :)Good luck with your raying! And btw, its highly addictive!:)
Well stated.

manoj2103

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 5, 2011
thane
i did a lot of research bt i guess it wasnt enough!!
neways thanks a lot all of u !!
n vil surely read d sticky!!
thnx!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store